- Super Reef Octopus SRO-1000INT 5” In Sump Protein Skimmer
Super Reef Octopus® 5” In Sump Skimmer SRO-1000INT
Super Reef Octopus In Sump Skimmer 5" Protein Skimmer from Reef Octopus. High performance with quiet operation.
In Sump Skimmer with 1000 Bubble Blaster pump. The refined hybrid cone design reduces and stabilizes foam production resulting in less turbulence in the neck area and more time for the organics to rise and collect.
- High quality cast acrylic
- Refined Hybrid Cone Shape
- Max injection Venturi Air Injection System
- Bubble Dispersant Plate - removable and reduces turbulence
- Solid construction
- Large collection cup
- Easy to turn output flow valve for control
- Low energy consumption with little heat emission
- Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 75 gallons
- Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 90 gallons
- Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 125 gallons
- Body Diameter: 5"
- Neck Size: 3"
- Foot Print: 11” x 7.5”
- Total Height: 19.75”
- Output Size: 40mm - comes with 1.25” PVC metric to standard adapter
- Output Height: 6.7"
- Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 5.5-5.75"
Bubble Blaster 1000 Pinwheel Pump Specifications
- Water Draw: 150 GPH / 565 LPH
- Air Draw: 540 LPH / 19 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts
Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- 2 year on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
I have this skimmer and it is extremely loud, not the skimming itself but rather the output... It is supposed to be in 5 and a half inches of water, that means that the water from the output has to fall over an inch into the water. Would this still be effective if I added an elbow down into the water?
You can certainly place an elbow or PVC pipe to assist with noise from the drain line. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!