- Case (50) 7” x 16” BRS Felt Filter Sock with Plastic Ring
How fast do you go through filter socks?
- 50 - 7" x 16" Felt with Plastic Ring
- 200 Micron
- Plastic ring fits common sump holders
- Felt is better at removing particles but can clog faster than mesh
Felt Filter Socks are used on overflows to remove small floating particles from aquarium water. This can dramatically improve water quality and reduce maintenance on filters that would otherwise become clogged.
Filter socks come in mesh or felt and with a plastic ring or draw string. See below for differences and unique advantages.
- Mesh: Thin, doesn't clog as easily as felt
- Felt: Thicker, better at removing particles, but can clog faster
- Plastic Ring: attaches via ring that fits common sump holders
- Draw String: attaches directly to plumbing
BRS recommends starting with felt socks and switching to mesh if they clog faster than desired.
Filter sock benefits:
- Regular use will result in crystal clear water most convenient form of mechanical filtration
- Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates
- Convenient form of mechanical filtration
- Prevents larger objects like sand, crabs and snails from damaging pump motors
- Reduces ammonia and nitrate producing organic waste
Great Quality By Zuma on 5/19/2016Zuma would recommend this product to a friendThese fit the bill and by purchasing these in such bulk they fit the wallet as well.
an excellent product at a great price By Bruce on 9/8/2014Bruce would recommend this product to a friendI run a 360 gallon reef/fish tank and installed large sump that uses the 7" filter socks. I bought a few of these locally, and paid more than DOUBLE the price listed here on BRS. Washing them every few days became annoying, so I wanted to buy a large quantity at a great price to make my life easier
BRS SUPPLY was here for the rescue had JUST what I wanted at a GREAT price
Thank You BRS
Bruce in Chicago
No questions yet. Be the first to ask a question!
You May Also Be Interested In...