CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator V2.0
The World's Most Precise CO2 Regulator
- Easy to Connect 1/4" John Guest Push-Connect Fitting
- Fully automatic
- Electric solenoid
- LED bubble indicator
- Precision check valve included
- No needle valves
- Accurate to +/- 1/1000 of a second
- 3 year warranty
CO2 regulators are useful for measuring Carbon Dioxide injection in planted freshwater aquariums, or with calcium reactors in saltwater applications. The CarbonDoser is an incredibly reliable and precise regulator that utilizes an electronic solenoid valve, which eliminates any chance of CO2 "dumping" seen with traditional needle valve regulators. The solenoid opens and closes within a fraction of a second, and once it is set, it can never vary more than +/- 1/1,000 of a second, giving you the most precise and consistent "bubble rate" on the market.
1. Attach and tighten to compressed tank.
2. Conduct a simple 'bleed down' test:
3. Please be sure the "perma-seal" (threaded brass piece with rubber O-ring) is installed either into the regulator or the cylinder. This is what creates the seal between the regulator and cylinder. You do not need Teflon tape on the threads here!
- Ensure regulator black knob is closed (counter clockwise all the way out) NOTE: If the co2 cylinder is opened while the knob is engaged, the high pressure could damage the low pressure gauge, or affect its accuracy and void the warranty.
- Open main valve on tank (very, very slowly)
- Note pressure on gauge
- Close valve
- Wait 5 minutes
- If successful, (no seepage) the previously noted pressure should NOT have bleed down reduced at all.
- If the pressure dropped: remove the regulator from tank AND REPEAT process.
4. Start out slowly when adjusting co2 (too much Co2 will kill your fish)
5. To really get used to the Regulator, we suggest you take a glass of water, and simply put the Co2 tubing in the water to get a feel for the bubble count, and the size of the bubbles. This small test will really give you an idea of the broad adjustability of the unit.
6. To adjust the bubble count, turn the dial from 0-10. It is adjustable from 4.66 bubbles per second all the way down to 1 bubble per 10 seconds.
7. To adjust the size of the bubble simply adjust the knob. Clockwise raises the pressure and therefore increases the size of the bubbles and counter-clockwise lowers the pressure and therefore decreases the size of the bubbles.
8. As previously stated, we strongly urge you to take your time and experiment with the unit before actually applying it your CO2 reactor or calcium reactor. Quite quickly, you will begin to see its incredible range of adjustability and accuracy.
- Left Gauge (working pressure)
- Right Gauge (bottle pressure)
- Safety Relief Valve
- 1/4" John Guest PC Fitting
- Check Valve
- Electronic Solenoid/Regulator Assembly
- 10 ft CO2 Safe Tubing
- Power Supply
Login and Registration Form