PhytoTank L System - Phytoplankton Culture Reactor
Grow phytoplankton hassle-free using the PhytoTank L System! The integrated LED light provides uniform lighting for maximal growth and obviates the need for space-consuming banks of fluorescent lights. Cultures take place in disposable culture bags and the PhytoTank`s durable rubber cap has bulkheads for disposable aeration and vent tubes, eliminating the need to extensively clean or disinfect your PhytoTank between cultures. Simply throw out the disposable items and start your next culture! With the PhytoTank, you can harvest your phyto and start a new culture in 10 minutes!
Directions for Use:
- Insert vent and aeration tubes into reactor lid
- Clean your workspace, hands, reactor lid, and tubes with rubbing alcohol
- Place one disposable culture bag into the PhytoTank, folding the bag over the threaded opening of the reactor body
- Add freshly mixed saltwater to halfway point
- Add 250 ml of starter culture (not included)
- Add 2ml of Part A and 2 ml of Part B fertilizers
- Install lid and tighten clamp
- Attach supplied air hose with in line filter, then plug in power supply (an outlet timer set to a 16 hour light / 8 hour dark cycle is recommended)
- Harvest phytoplankton after 7-10 days. Dispose of the plastic bag liner, vent, and aeration tubes.
PhytoTank-L Reactor Specifications
|Weight (when empty)||1lb 16 ounces|
|Working Volume||Volume: 3.5 Liters (118 ounces)|
|Recommended Tank Size||100+ Gallons|
|Material||Glass and Rubber|
- 3.5 Liter PhytoTank L Reactor
- LED Power Supply (Lights up to 4 PhytoTanks)
- Two-Part Fertilizer (50 ml Part A, 50 ml Part B)
- 1 Culture Pack-L
- (10x) Disposable culture bags
- (10x) Disposable graduated pipettes
- (10x) Disposable vent tubes
- (10x) Disposable aeration tubes
- Aeration tube with air filter
- Instruction manual
The PhytoTankLED system is NOT waterproof. Do NOT submerge your PhytoTank. Wipe the PhytoTank with a damp cloth to clean. Keep power supply and power cords away from water. Create a drip loop with your power cord to prevent water from contacting the electronics.
|Output Size||1/2 in.|
|Tubing Inside Diameter||1/2 in.|
Does this come with an air pump or do I have to buy one separately?
Thank you for reaching out to us. You will need to purchase one separately.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!
Login and Registration Form