Classic 2000 Hang-on-Back Protein Skimmer
HOB skimmer with pump mounted externally under the skimmer body. Unique external pump design reduces heat exchanged to the water. Easy removal of the pump for cleaning and maintenance. Powered by Aquatrance 2000s skimmer pumps with improved venturi design and pinwheel impeller. Built with high-quality acrylic.
- Low Profile body
- Powered by Aquatrance 2000s Skimmer Pump
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Low Heat and Energy Efficient Performance
- Pump Mounted Externally
- Surface Skimmer
- Air Silencer
- Solid Acrylic Construction
- Heavy Bioload - 75 gallons
- Medium Bioload - 100 gallons
- Light Bioload - 175 gallons
- Manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 200 gallons
- BRS Recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 100 gallons
- Dimensions: 10" x 4" x 21"
- Max Tank Thickness: 1.75"
- Uses metric plumbing parts
- Skimmer Pump: Aquatrace 2000s
- Max Flow: 198 GPH
- Power Consumption: 18 watts
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
|Skimmer Type||Hang On Back|
|Capacity||Light Bioload - Up to 175 gallons
Medium Bioload - Up to 100 gallons
Heavy Bioload - Up to 75 gallons
|Dimensions||10"L x 4"W x 21"H|
|Max Tank Thickness||1-3/4 in.|
|Flow Rate||198 GPH|
|Pump Model||Aquatrace 2000s|
|Pump Rotor Type||Pinwheel|
|Power Consumption||18 watts|
|Additional Notes||The manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 200 gallons, but BRS recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 100 gallons|
Im new to the hobby and I need a skimmer but I’m worried that I will have issues with dialing it in or tune it correctly. Is this skimmer fairly easy to handle for beginners?
Yes that skimmer is fairly easy to dial in as the way to adjust it is going to be moving the cup and sliding the o-ring on the collection cup down or up depending on the foam height you are trying to achieve.