- Super Reef Octopus SRO-5000INT 10” In Sump Protein Skimmer
Super Reef Octopus In Sump Skimmer 10" Protein Skimmer from Reef Octopus. High performance with quiet operation.
- Rated for tanks up to 500 gallons
- BRS recommended for tanks up to 450 gallons
In Sump Skimmer with 5000 Bubble Blaster pump. The refined hybrid cone design reduces and stabilizes foam production resulting in less turbulence in the neck area and more time for the organics to rise and collect.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 400 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 450 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 500 gallons
- High quality cast acrylic
- Refined Hybrid Cone Shape
- Max injection Venturi Air Injection System
- Bubble Dispersant Plate - removable and reduces turbulence
- Solid construction
- Large collection cup
- Easy to turn output flow valve for control
- Low energy consumption with little heat emission
- Body Diameter: 10"
- Neck Size: 6"
- Foot Print: 17.5” x 11”
- Total Height: 24”
- Output Size: 50mm - comes with 1.5” PVC metric to standard adapter
- Output Height: 5.1"
- Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 6.5"
Bubble Blaster 5000 Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Water Draw: 480 GPH / 1,800 LPH
- Air Draw: 2,100 LPH / 74 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- 2 year on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
Very nice skimmer By Mark on 8/18/2015Mark would recommend this product to a friendThe pictures don't do this justice, this is one nicely built beautiful skimmer. I saw the other review for the SRO 6000SSS where the tideline 48 sump is mentioned. I went ahead and researched and got that sump and the white with black trim on the sump really goes well with this skimmer and this skimmer fits perfectly in the sump. I have had a few other nice skimmers, but right now I am very happy with this one. The skimmer I am replacing wasn't bad, so I didn't expect to see a lot of junk and I haven't, but this has produced some nice skimmate for only the few days I have been running it. I also got the neck cleaner and I am overall very pleased with the setup. Running on a 225 moderate load fish and corals.
There are no videos related to this product.
if submerged deeper the water level in the body will continue to rise and cause the skimmer to overflow very easily. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Both will be a great option!
For better control and tuning the Regal with a DC pump will work great! The DC pump does cost more but offers one more line of tuning. You can get great performance out of the SRO-5000 as well while saving a small amount of money. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Thanks for getting in touch with us in regards to this skimmer footprint. This would be the square around the outer dims of the skimmer and would include all of its equipment in this area. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with. Thanks!