- Home /
- Super Reef Octopus CR5000D 8" Calcium Reactor
Out of stock
509 Reward Points$509.99
Starting at: $22.99
674 Reward Points
Regular Price: $899.99
Special Price: $674.99
Awesome reactor. By Brian on 4/6/2014Brian would recommend this product to a friendThis is my first Calcium reactor so I don't have a lot to compare it to.
I bought the electronic regulator , Milwaukee PH controller, ARM extra course media and Zeo Mag.
If you have a Hanna Alk checker it will make dialing it in much easier as you can see small up/downs in the alk easier than with a drop test kit.
It's been a few months now and I believe my tank is so much more stable. I would say i have a medium SPS load and the PH barely blinks from night to day. The dual reactor I'm sure helps a lot.
I still have my dosing pumps that sit in standby but haven't really needed them. I much prefer the reactor since I don't have to mix up anything.
Fittings and quality are all top notch. I would put a rubber pad under the pump so it doesn't have any hum noise.
Also order a couple of extra PH calibration fluid packs.
There are no videos related to this product.
A calcium reactor is used to maintain a balanced amount of calcium and alkalinity in your reef tank. In order to use a calcium reactor, you will need a CO2 regulator, CO2 tank, pH probe/controller, small feed pump (flow rate should be set 1-2 liters per hour) and calcium reactor media.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 700 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 800 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 1000 gallons
- High performance reverse flow design
- Control the reactor with CO2 needle valve and the effluent valve
- Auto fill bubble counter
- pH probe holder
- Easy to remove lid
- Precision effluent control valve
- Solid construction
- 1/4" quick connect fittings
- Body Size: 2 Chambers - 8” Each
- Foot Print: 18” x 15.5”
- Total Height: 23”
- Inlet Size: 1/4"
- Max Feed Rate: 150 GPH
- Suggested feed rate is slightly higher than a full flowing influent
- Quiet operation
- Silicone Nitride shafts and bearings to resist the build up of calcium
- Power Consumption: 60 Watts
- 3 year on pump
- 1 year on reactor body
Water Blaster 5000 Recirculating Pump Features:
Item #: SRO-CR5000D
Deal of the Day!
BRS Tonga Single Branch Dry Live RockEnds in
Regular Price: $2.09
Special Price: $1.0500:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427