Hydros Kraken 24V Power Center
Hydros Kraken - The Ultimate Aquarium Power Manager
Declutter your aquarium with the Hydros Kraken, an innovative hybrid of energy center and controller. Designed to power essential aquarium equipment like pumps and lights, the Kraken features a robust 20amp/480w Mean Well power supply and is designed to pass ETL/UL certification. Its silent, passively cooled operation and individual power monitoring through eight Force Ports make it a leader in efficiency and control.
Beyond power management, the Kraken is a fully functioning Hydros system controller capable of performing actions based on the status of other Hydros devices within the Collective. With two Hydros Command Bus Ports, it seamlessly connects to other controllers for a unified system. Remote monitoring and control are effortless with the Hydros cloud-based app, and the Kraken's capability to wirelessly manage up to eight WiFi devices adds convenience and advanced technology.
- Power up to 20 amps of system-critical life support equipment
- Eliminates clutter by removing the need for eight individual 24V power supplies
- Measures the current flowing to each connected device and can detect over or under current conditions, alerting the user with alarms
- Allows the user to switch each output on or off based on various HYDROS parameters such as temperature, flow rate, and more
- The Kraken is a full brain that can share and take over the decision-making of a HYDROS Collective
- Control up to eight WiFi devices like fish feeders, smart outlets, and even additional WiFi power strips
- Command Bus Port provides power to add redundancy power to your HYDROS Collective
- Designed to pass ETL/UL Certification
- Universal voltage works with both 110 and 220V
- External Industrial Grade Mean Well Super Brick
- No noisy fans; the Kraken is entirely passively cooled
- Optical isolation between the power circuitry and the control circuitry. This provides safety failure and isolates the control circuitry to reduce noise.
- Engineered, built, and supported in the USA.
Force Ports - 8 Available
Eight controllable DC power ports, each with individual power monitoring capabilities to safely manage aquarium equipment like lighting, water pumps, protein skimmers, filters, and more using 24V power. Each high-current 24-volt Force Port provides up to 8 Amps of 24-volt DC power to eliminate “power bricks” and/or “wall warts” typically required to run. Force Port Adapter Cables are required (sold separately).
Examples: Flow Pumps, 24V Return Pumps, Small to Medium-Sized Aquarium Lights, Other Hydros Devices.
Drive Ports - 4 Available
The Drive Ports provide switched 12V DC power for running small aquarium devices. The Control continuously monitors the exact current supplied by each port, so you will be immediately notified if a motor or pump quits drawing current or draws too much. Each drive port can handle up to 2.5 Amps, and the entire device can handle up to 4 Amps. Drive Port Adapter Cables are required (sold separately).
Examples: ATO Pumps, Dosing Pumps, Cooling Fans, RO/DI Solenoid Valves.
Battery Backup Port - 1 Available
A specific connection for an external 12V Lead Acid Battery to keep your system alive during power failures. A battery will keep the entire Hydros system running in Low Power Mode during a power failure. An internal trickle charger keeps these batteries ready to use. The voltage and current on the battery are monitored and reported to the user.
This battery can be as large or small as you choose, from small sealed lead acid batteries to large arrays of boat batteries. The Kraken's internal charger can be disabled if you prefer to use a battery charger.
Command Bus - 2 Available
The Command Bus communicates with other Hydros devices for the ultimate failsafe and can also power other Control devices.
External Power Brick
A large 24V “super brick” IP65-rated industrial power supply to run all the outputs and the entire Hydros system. The Super Brick can provide up to 20 Amps of 24-volt DC power (480 watts). Supply is manufactured by Mean Well, a highly trusted and regarded power supply company.
Control up to 8 Hydros WiFi Devices
The Hydros App allows you to create rules and set schedules to control other Hydros WiFi devices such as the 4-outlet power strip or Hydros Smart Plug. For example, quickly turn on or off different pieces of aquarium equipment like pumps, powerheads, lights, heaters, algae scrubbers, UV sterilizers, protein skimmers, and more.
Max Per Force Port: 8A
Total Max Power: 20A/480W
Kraken Dimensions 9.5"L x 4.75"W x 3.2"H
Power Supply Dimensions: 10.375"L x 5"W x 2.75"H
Mean Well Power Supply
Battery Backup Cable*
1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Note: does not include a 12V lead acid battery backup. An appropriate Drive or Force Adapter (sold separately) is required to connect devices directly to the Kraken.