- Phosphate Ultra Low Range PPM Colorimeter HI774 Hanna Checker - Marine Water
The HI774 Ultra Low Range Phosphate Checker® is a cost-effective way to measure phosphate in marine systems, including reef tanks. Excessive phosphate levels can prevent calcification, skeletal formation, and growth of many coral species, particularly those referred to as SPS or small-polyp stony. In addition, high phosphate levels can cause nuisance algae growth in your reef tank. This can become problematic because algae often outcompetes sessile organisms for light, nutrients, and space, jeopardizing long term coral health in your reef.Testing for phosphates is standard practice for saltwater aquariums and provides valuable insight into your reef tank’s water chemistry to help ensure long-term coral health.
The HI774 Phosphate ULR checker provides an accurate way to measure phosphate from 0.00 to 0.90 ppm in a few easy steps.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Large, easy to read digits Auto shut-off
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Designed to work with HANNA's reagents
- Uses 10 mL glass cuvettes
- Small Size, Big Convenience
- Fits in the palm of your hand
- Range: 0.00 to 0.90 ppm
- Resolution: 0.01 ppm
- Accuracy: ±.02 ppm ±5% of reading
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Method: Adaptation of Standard Method for Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, Ascorbic Acid method
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: After 7 minutes of non-use and 2 minutes after reading
- Dimensions: 86 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.5")
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Uses Hanna HI774-25 reagent refills
- HI774 Checker
- 2 sample cuvettes with caps
- ULR Reagent for 10 tests
- quick start guide
- 1 year limited warranty
Reagent Refills - Hanna HI774-25
Innacurate By Me on 2/10/2019Me wouldn't recommend this product to a friendRepeated tests showed my PO4 levels at .04-.06. I thought this was odd as I heavily reduced feeding and am running GFO. I went back to my old HI736 and my ppb was 2! (.01ppm) Completely different results. The proper regeants for both checkers was used.
Essential Testing Tool By Allen on 1/11/2019Allen would recommend this product to a friendI was using the API reef test kit to test my phosphates but had a really hard time guessing what my numbers were at once they fell below 1.0 This tool has allowed me to monitor my precise numbers and has helped me track the amount of GFO needed to keep my phosphates down. No calculations and a higher range than the phosphorus test unit. The only thing that's just a little difficult is making sure you get all of the powdered reagent into the test vial, everything else is easy.
There are no videos related to this product.
Is the new Hanna phosphate ULR HI774 colorimeter more accurate than the older HI 713 one?
This checker is going to be more accurate than the HI713, but it is the same accuracy and resolution of the HI736 except that it calculates the result into phosphate so you do not have to. Have a great day!