Why does BRS recommend this?
Having the ability to monitor the salinity of your reef tank is a very valuable piece of information. Usually, if something is to go wrong with your tank, you will usually see a change in salinity from temp, to a top off unit being stuck on, if you have a Neptune Apex Controller we highly recommend investing in the PM2 module and salinity probe.
Add the Salinity Module: PM2 to your Apex Neptune System.
- Real-time monitoring of salinity in reef aquarium
- Module has extra Temp Probe port
- I/O Switch Inputs for ATO, feed buttons, leak alarms, etc.
- Probe Sold Separately.
Features of the Neptune Systems Salinity Expansion Module:
- Monitor/Control Conductivity/Salinity and temperature
- 4 Measurement ranges (0-900 uS/cm, 0-9.0 mS/cm, 0-90.0 mS/cm, 0-50 ppt)
- 6 digital inputs for float switches, water on floor sensors, pressure sensors, etc
- Full data logging support in Apex Base module
- Up to 240 AquaBus modules can be added to the Apex system
- Plug and Play - Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- 2 AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3′ AquaBus cable
- Galvanic Isolation for accurate and reliable probe readings
- Led Status Indicator
- Upgradeable firmware
- Compatible with all Apex systems
The modules for Apex will carry a 1 year warranty. I have included the warranty information on the Neptune site below. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
I do not see in the photo the inputs to attach the float switches.
I am wanting to use it for both an ATO and salinity monitor.
There is not an option to plug in float switches directly to the PM2. If you are looking for float switches you will need the Apex Breakout Box. The breakout box can plug into the I/O port on the PM2 or the apex main module. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
If you wanted to monitor two salinity probes you would need a module for each probe (so 2 in this situation).
This is the probe module for measuring salinity but make sure to also pick up the actual salinity probe as well!
The salinity probe itself is sold separately.