- Refractometer Calibration Solution - Bulk Reef Supply
Keep your refractometer readings accurate!
A refractometer is easily one of the most important tools to have if you own a saltwater tank. Without a refractometer, we would be guessing at how much salt is in the water, and more than likely would not be correct! Even if you have a refractometer, it is only as good as how accurate it is calibrated. BRS Calibration Solutions are made of high purity salts that are precisely mixed for their particular application.
1.0264sg or 35ppt or 53µS
- 60mL (250oz)
Calibration of any testing device is required and the more often you perform calibration procedures the more accurate your readings will be. Refractometers are notorious for giving different readings depending on the ambient light of the room you are in. It is suggested to calibrate refractometers once a month or whenever the ambient light may change.
Refractometer Calibration Instructions:
1. Shake well!
2. Clean any watermarks or stains off the refractometers prism with a soft cloth
3. Add enough BRS Refractometer Calibration Solution to cover the prism, then close the prism cover.
4. If you have an ATC refractometer, wait 45 seconds before taking a reading.
5. Locate your refractometers calibration screw, and adjust the slide until it reads 35ppt.
Ingredients - High purity salts
35 ppt @ 25°c
1.0264 ppt @ 25°c
53 µS @ 25°c
1x 60mL BRS 35ppt Refractometer Calibration Solution.
On target By Glenn on 4/16/2019Glenn would recommend this product to a friendNow I can quit guessing if my refractometer is off. Large bottle will last forever.
My refractometer was off and BRS refracto juice saved the day. By Luke on 1/4/2019Luke would recommend this product to a friendBeen at 1.021 SG for god knows how long and my refractometer always read 1.025. After calibrating I found out I'm fairly far off. This stuff could save a marriage.