- Red Sea Ammonia Test Kit
Accurately measure the ammonia (NH3/NH4) in your saltwater aquarium with the advanced colorimetric test from Red Sea.
- 100 NH3/NH4 tests
- Accuracy: .2 ppm
- Range: 0-2 ppm
- Test Type: Colorimetric
Red Sea Ammonia Test – Instructions
- 1. Using the syringe provided, place exactly 5 mL of the water to be tested into the glass vial.
- 2. Add a leveled measuring spoon of Ammonia Reagent A, close the vial with the cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- 3. Add 5 drops of Ammonia Reagent B, close the vial with the cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- 4. Add 5 drops of Ammonia Reagent C, close the vial with the cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- 5. Wait 15 minutes for the color in the vial to stabilize. 6. Remove the cap and move the vial between the designated positions on the color card, look into the vial from above and compare the color in the vial to the colors on the card. Choose the Ammonia level that gives the closest color match and if necessary estimate an intermediate value.
- 7. The color in the reaction vial will remain stable for 5 minutes. Do not relate to the color in the reaction vial after this time.
Note: This kit measures the total ammonia (NH3/NH4).
Good test kit no case By Brandon on 8/3/2020Brandon would recommend this product to a friendNo case with this test kit like I have gotten with other test kits. Overall its a good kit.
Good lower range test kit By Chris on 7/23/2020Chris would recommend this product to a friendI really like this test kit. I have been able to get great results and it does a great job differentiating between non and almost none. The only down side is that it tops out at 2ppm. When feeding ammonia to a fishless cycling tank its hard to know if you are at 2 or at some value over 2, you may want to have something on hand to sanity check that scenario (I used my daughters API freshwater kit with a saltwater card).
The other issue is the bottles are quite hard to squeeze. The trick turned out to be patience. Squeeze a little and let the drop slowly form. I only had trouble when I was trying to hurry the drops out. Still, the bottle could do with being a little softer.
Still, a great kit with good components and after initial cycle the range is perfect.
Review By Ikt on 7/8/2018Ikt would recommend this product to a friendNice and easy kit for testing amonia
Beats Salifert By MplsP on 12/26/2017MplsP would recommend this product to a friendI got tired of trying to interpret shades of beige with salifert’s test kit. Even when I knew there was no ammonia it would often seem like there was some because the milky, off-white color for 0 was too close to the slightly yellow color.
This test is easy to perform, easy to read and accurate. My only complaint is it takes 15 min for the color to develop, but I just altered my procedure so I run it first and let it develop while I’m running my other tests.
Great product! By Pompa on 6/14/2017Pompa would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use and effective!
GREAT PRODUCT! By Chuck on 4/16/2017Chuck would recommend this product to a friendThe colors are easy to distinguish. Nice test
Easy to read color chart By Dave O' on 11/20/2016Dave O' would recommend this product to a friendI like Red Sea's Ammonia test secondary to the simplicity of differentiating the color on the result chart. It is much more obvious than the Salfert result color scale.
Great product!!! By Jeremy on 5/14/2016Jeremy would recommend this product to a friendGreat test kit, very nice quality and easy to use, colors are easy to distinguish as well.
Easy to read By James on 2/21/2016James would recommend this product to a friendThis is the best test kit i have used yet. The colors are easy to distinguish.
Love This Test Kit By Shery on 4/30/2015Shery would recommend this product to a friendI switched from Salifert to the Red Sea Ammonia. It takes longer for the test to develop, but the color matching is WAY better! The test seems far more accurate to me, and I love that the vial is glass rather than plastic.
No questions yet. Be the first to ask a question!
You May Also Be Interested In...