Ask a question
This will essentially be plugged into the outlet, and the skimmer plugged into this unit. Any time the power to the outlet is turned off IE power outage or if with a controller the outlet is programmed off then this will (when the power is turned back on) hold the skimmer off for 5 minutes and then turn it on. It can be used during feed mode. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Protein Skimmer Delay Timer
- Cheap Insurance from Skimmer Overflows
- Necessity on recirculating external skimmers
- Recommended for all skimmers of any type
- Place the Delay timer box in a dry location away from water
- Plug skimmer Pump(s) plug into the Delay Timer socket
- Insert the Delay Timer power plug into a 110v outlet. The skimmer will turn on after 5 minutes.
- This product must be located away from moisture or water
- Do not insert/pull the plug with wet hands
- Be careful, don’t drop the system’s body into water, this will damage the time delay
- When taking maintenance of a skimmer or other electric equipment, please remove the plug from the socket first.
- Must be used under the maximum power
There are no videos related to this product.
Problem solved! By Greg on 10/5/2016Greg would recommend this product to a friendAlways had an issue when turning my pumps back on after maintenance, feeding, etc with my skimmer overflowing until the sump water level decreased. Now, no problem! A little pricey, but the best stuff in this hobby always is. Very happy with my purchase.
Great for Tunze 3155 ATO By Bull on 8/16/2016Bull wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis is a Great Delay timer for your auto top off pump assuming your using the tunze 3155.
usually when the power goes off for a brief few seconds....then comes back on, the Controller on the tunze 3155 ATO has a pump primer issue, it automatically causes your pump to kick on and run for usually 15 seconds...which pumps more water in your tank then you need. Normally this isnt a problem but every 3-4 months...my power tends to kick on and off several times in a 30 min time frame.....and within that amount of time....my ATO was pumping so much water into my tank that my salt levels were dropping from the normal 1.026sg.....to roughly 1.024sg...which caused alot of issue's....and the above delay timer solved those issue's.
so what i did was bought the Osmolator Switched Socket Outlet for the tunze 3155 ato, this way i could plug in a normal AC powered pump for the ATO, so i have the Osmolator socket plugged into the above Delay timer which solved the tunze 3155 pump primer issue.
now i no longer get the extra ATO water in my tank when i power kicks off and on being the PUMP for the ato is now on the 5 min delay....which makes this a must have if you have the same problem i was having.
I like it. By RandyB999 on 4/25/2016RandyB999 would recommend this product to a friendWorks as advertised, once power goes out it delays start up of my protein skimmer for 5 minutes after power is restored. This gives the sump time to return to normal water levels before skimmer comes on, helping to prevent skimmer overflow (and all the skimmate being flushed into the sump)
Great By SaltyClaw on 10/12/2015SaltyClaw would recommend this product to a friendI love this no more forgetting to plug it back in.