BRS Recommended Aquarium UV Sterilizers: Our Top Picks
Compact UV sterilization that is easy to install directly on your display aquarium. The unique design allows you to hang the entire UV sterilizer right on the side of your tank. There are two different models available and are generally suitable for sterilizing aquariums up to a maximum of 75 gallons.
- 8 Watt Advantage - tanks up to 70 gallons
- 15 Watt Advantage - tanks up to 75 gallons
You can feed the UV using a dedicated pump or using your return pump and both units accept 1/2" flexible tubing. The easy mounting and smaller size make them the perfect solution for AIO tanks or aquariums that don't have a sump. They are also the perfect solution for your quarantine or frag system. The simple installation means you can easily add/remove the sterilizer for intermittent use as well which is nice for just after adding new fish.
These workhorse UV sterilizers deliver powerful sterilization to target harmful bacteria, ugly algae, and disease-causing parasites. Built to withstand saltwater using industrial-grade materials and components that will live up to the needs of your aquarium. Real UV sterilization you can rely upon to keep your aquarium clean and safe.
Each sterilizer comes with precise flow rate recommendations to produce the level of sterilization you require. They are ready for installation with standard PVC pipe or fittings and feature 1.5" unions for easy removal and maintenance.
- 18 Watt Smart UV - tanks up to 60 gallons
- 25 Watt Smart UV - tanks up to 130 gallons
- 40 Watt Smart UV - tanks up to 300 gallons
- 50 Watt High Output Smart UV - tanks up to 330 gallons
- 80 Watt Smart UV - tanks up to 600 gallons
High-quality UV sterilizers designed for use on aquariums using PVC materials and quality components that will withstand exposure to saltwater. Each sterilizer is equipped with 2" PVC unions for easy installation into your existing plumbing. Using the recommended manufacturer flow rates you can take a broader approach to UV sterilization, improve water clarity, and reduce the spread of nuisances and pests.
- 8 Watt Classic UV - tanks up to 70 gallons
- 15 Watt Classic UV - tanks up to 75 gallons
- 25 Watt Classic UV - tanks up to 150 gallons
- 40 Watt Classic UV - tanks up to 325 gallons
- 57 Watt Classic UV - tanks up to 355 gallons
- 80 Watt Classic UV - tanks up to 600 gallons