- Pre-Packed Bulk Deionization Resin (Color Changing) - Bulk Reef Supply
Deionization (DI) Resin is used as the last stage of a RODI system to reduce any remaining total dissolved solids (TDS) down to undetectable levels, making perfect water for reef tanks.
- Professionally Packed
- Color Changing (Changes from blue to brown as it depletes)
- Vacuum packed in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags for a long shelf life
- Includes Refillable 10” Cartridge
- Nuclear Grade
Pre-Packed DI Cartridges let you just remove and replace your current DI cartridge without having to repack it with new resin that takes time, and can create a mess. Packing the resin tightly is very important and with our custom DI packing press, we can now offer a superior DI cartridge that will help prevent water channeling through the resin. Our cartridges are compatible with all BRS 75 & 150 GPD RODI systems and also other brands like Spectrapure, AquaFX, Vertex, IceCap, etc.
Deionization Resin will start to deplete as soon as it is exposed to air and traditional plastic packaging allows for a small amount of air transfer that will degrade the lifespan of the resin. All BRS DI resins are vacuum sealed in a 4mm foil-lined Mylar bag, that removes all the air and keeps it out! With the mylar bags, we have found they keep the resin fresher for longer.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already: addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a power head or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water through your DI resin.
1x 2.5" x 10" Cartridge Pre-Packed with Color Changing DI Resin
Easy and Convenient By Chris D. on 12/1/2019Chris D. would recommend this product to a friendI work out of town and this is a great option to include your spouse who wants to help with the easier items. Our system also has a boost pump and it seems to slow down my consumption of resin.
Not Ready to Go Out of the Box By John on 3/16/2018John would recommend this product to a friendWhen I put the new cartridge in the canister lid didn't fit. Turned out the bottom of the cartridge was not screwed all the way in so I had to take out some media and snug it down. Difference in length was about 1/4."
I'll keep buying these things because I don't use enough to make bulk savings worthwhile, but I wish I could send back the spent cartridge to be refilled. Hate to just toss them.
Color changing di resin By Paul on 8/11/2017Paul would recommend this product to a friendVery good product always had my tds at 0 with this reain
Do you have the prepacked di resin with a 6 stage replacement package ?
Thanks for reaching out. We do not currently offer a pre-packed DI resin option for the pro series but I know it is something we are exploring as an option.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Is this cartridge compatible with Spectrapure CSPDI 90 GPD filter?
Is the canister of this product reusable? ie: once depleted can I empty it and refill it with more color changing resin?
Is there a difference in quality between standard DI Resin and Color Changing DI Resin. I use TDS meter anyway. Thank YOU . Ron
Is this a quick connect / disconnect inline filter?
These are not inline nor quick connect. These are specifically designed to be utilized in a standard 2.5" x 10" RODI canister. :-)
What is the estimated shelf life for pre-packed DI resin?
The shelf life for the mixed DI resin would be 2 years. Have a great day!