Larval Trap - Vossen Aquatics
If you have ever tried collecting fish larvae in an aquarium it is a time consuming tedious task, that will usually require you to stay up late at night after the lights go out with minimal results.
The Vossen Larval Trap is a very simple and easy to use for fish fry and larvae. The included suction cups will firmly affix the trap to the side of your aquarium while the air pump (not included) will create a gentle flow of water up and into the trap where the fry can be safely and efficiently moved to a larval system.
Dimensions: 6.5" T x 1.5" W x 7" L
Every year more and more people are learning how to breed the fish that are currently in their tank. The more we learn about how fish reproduce and how to raise them, the more sustainable, and successful the hobby will become. The Vossen Larval Trap has been designed to aid in the collection of larvae from the tank allowing a substantially higher yield of fry than other methods would allow with much less stress.
The included battery operated LED light will lure the fry into the trap where the gentle flow created by the bubbles will raise the larvae into the trap secluding them from predators and allowing easy transport to the larval system.
1. Insert the included suction cups into the larval trap.
2. Suction cup the larval trap on the side of your aquarium with the very top of the trap barely breaking the surface of the water. If the trap completely submerged it will allow fry to escape through the top.
3. Connect flexible airline tubing to rigid airline tube and place in the airline guide located in the entry path of the trap. The rigid airline tube should not extend past the bottom of the larval trap.
4. Connect flexible airline tubing to air pump and control valve (if needed)
5. Turn on the air pump and tune the flow rate to approximately 2 - 3 bubbles per second. Bubbles should not be escaping outside of the entry path into the larval trap.
6. Using clear tape, attach the included LED light to the outside of the aquarium. The LED light should shine into the entry path of the trap, luring larvae into the trap opening.
1x Larval Trap
1x Battery powered LED light (battery included)
1x Rigid airline tube
2x Suction Cups
Note: Air pump and airline tubing not included.
|Product Name||Larval Trap - Vossen Aquatics|