- Regal 250SSS 10" Space Saving Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 250 Gallons
- Medium Bioload - 475 Gallons
- Light Bioload - 600 gallons
Reef Octopus In Sump 10" Space Saving Protein Skimmer from Reef Octopus - with a controllable VarioS DC pumps to process more or less water, depending on your setup with a pump integrated into the body of the skimmer saving precious space in the sump.
- Footprint - 13.8″ x 11.6″
- Height - 24.5″
- Recommended Water Height: 8"-10"
Reef Octopus Regal Skimmers now incorporate the new VarioS S pinwheel series of pumps. The new pumps are DC powered allowing for several advantages over traditional AC style pumps. The VarioS pumps can be fully controlled by a 3rd-party controller, or through the included control unit. With 5 different preset speeds and multiple feed modes, you can fine-tune Regal skimmers for superior performance on your particular system.
Space saving protein skimmers have the pumps encased within the body of the skimmer creating a much smaller footprint requirement. These types of skimmers are normally a slight bit taller than their counterpart, the increased height maximizes the amount of contact/dwell time and reaction chamber size allowing for greater filtration capabilities.
- Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 250 gallons
- Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 475 gallons
- Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 600 gallons
- VarioS-6 DC controllable pump
- Apex Ready
- Safety overflow float switch for cup
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Detachable controller with waterproof union
- 3rd-Party controller input (0-10V)
- 2 year warranty on pump body
- 1 year warranty on pump rotor (pinwheel impeller)
- 1 year warranty on skimmer body
- Body Diameter: 10"
- Neck Size: 5.5"
- Foot Print: 13.8” x 11.6”
- Total Height: 24.5”
- Output Size: 50mm - 1.5”
- Recommended sump water depth: 8"-10"
VarioS-6 S Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 1200-2400 LPH / 42-84 SCFH*
- Power Consumption: 35-70W
- Voltage: DC 36V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Regal 250SSS INT Protein Skimmer
- VarioS-6 S Pinwheel Pump
- VarioS Control Unit
- Skimmer Cup Float Switch
- Output Gate Valve
- Neck Cleaner: CL-250
- Neck Extension: NK-250
Working with CoralVue By Erik on 3/23/2018Erik would recommend this product to a friendAll together working with BRS and the product itself really is amazing and I’ve loved the Skimmer itself from day one. But after having it for a year, the pump stopped working and with it still under warranty, I had to contact CoralVue whom does the warranty and had to pay to have the controller, pump and power supply sent back to them to diagnose what was wrong (they did send me a second controller with no hassle to see if that is what was wrong, but of coarse that had to be sent back as well). After diagnosing it, it was the power supply that had failed and they were to ship it back to me. That email was sent Monday, and on Friday I emailed them and asked for my tracking number - and they informed me that my package had been delayed.. but then they shipped it out a couple of hours later after I had emailed them. All together for a premium product that was this expensive to buy, I won’t be buying anything that has to do with dealing through CoralVue.. I’m pretty upset about this whole experience. All in all I was only without a Skimmer for a little over 2 weeks so far, and I’m lucky I had nothing die due to nitrate spikes - so I will have no long lasting side effects from this. But all together spending as much as I did, I can feel confident that I will not buy anything CoralVue related again.