- Regal 250INT 10" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 250 Gallons
- Medium Bioload - 475 Gallons
- Light Bioload - 600 gallons
Reef Octopus In Sump 10" Protein Skimmer from Reef Octopus - with a controllable VarioS DC pumps to process more or less water, depending on your setup.
- Footprint - 16.5″ x 11″
- Height - 24″
- Recommended Water Height: 7"-8.5"
Reef Octopus Regal Skimmers now incorporate the new VarioS S pinwheel series of pumps. The new pumps are DC powered allowing for several advantages over traditional AC style pumps. The VarioS pumps can be fully controlled by a 3rd-party controller or through the included control unit. With 5 different preset speeds, and multiple feed modes, you can fine-tune Regal skimmers for superior performance on your particular system.
Internal protein skimmers that have the pump mounted externally will normally be more efficient than a space saver model (internally mounted pump) due to the fact that there is more room in the skimmers reaction chamber and less overall turbulence. They do require a bit more space but if your sump can fit a protein skimmer that has an externally mounted pump you will see much better results.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 250 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 475 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 600 gallons
- VarioS-6 DC controllable pump
- Apex Ready
- Safety overflow float switch for cup
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Detachable controller with waterproof union
- 3rd-Party controller input (0-10V)
- 2 year warranty on pump body
- 1 year warranty on pump rotor (pinwheel impeller)
- 1 year warranty on skimmer body
- Body Diameter: 10"
- Neck Size: 5.5"
- Foot Print: 16.5” x 11”
- Total Height: 24”
- Output Size: 50mm - 1.5”
- Recommended sump water depth: 7 -8.5"
VarioS-6 S Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 1200-2400 LPH / 42-84 SCFH*
- Power Consumption: 35-70W
- Voltage: DC 36V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Regal 250 INT Protein Skimmer
- VarioS-6 S Pinwheel Pump
- VarioS Control Unit
- Skimmer Cup Float Switch
- Output Gate Valve
- Neck Cleaner: CL-250
- Neck Extension: NK-250
Great Skimmer By Z-Ski Reefer on 11/20/2017Z-Ski Reefer would recommend this product to a friendI've been using this for almost a year now and can't say enough good things. It's easy to clean, easy to adjust and holds the adjustment. I also like the 15 min & 60 min pause feature for dosing trace elements and I don't have to remember to turn it back on.
Just buy it By Scott on 8/22/2017Scott would recommend this product to a friendI have owned a few skimmers in my life and most are fairly similar but Reef Octopus seems to be the most constant quality and getting the job done. It took 3 minutes to build and up and running in 20 minutes. Producing like a mad man the next morning. Skimtz skimmers have the additional air fine tuning but reef octopus keeps it simple. The D.C. Motor is quiet although I have it on 5(max). Not too much water bypassing the dkimmer when it sucks over 500 gph. The float switch is nice but if you set the water depth right, overflows are rare. RO recommends 7-9 inches.