- Regal 200INT 8" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 175 Gallons
- Medium Bioload - 250 Gallons
- Light Bioload - 400 gallons
Reef Octopus In Sump 10" Protein Skimmer from Reef Octopus - with a controllable VarioS DC pumps to process more or less water, depending on your setup.
- Footprint - 14.6" x 9.8″
- Height - 23.4″
- Recommended Water Height: 7"-8.5"
Reef Octopus Regal Skimmers now incorporate the new VarioS S pinwheel series of pumps. The new pumps are DC powered allowing for several advantages over traditional AC style pumps. The VarioS pumps can be fully controlled by a 3rd-party controller or through the included control unit. With 5 different preset speeds, and multiple feed modes, you can fine-tune Regal skimmers for superior performance on your particular system.
Internal protein skimmers that have the pump mounted externally will normally be more efficient than a space saver model (internally mounted pump) due to the fact that there is more room in the skimmers reaction chamber and less overall turbulence. They do require a bit more space but if your sump can fit a protein skimmer that has an externally mounted pump you will see much better results.
- Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 175 gallons
- Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 250 gallons
- Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 400 gallons
- VarioS-4 DC controllable pump
- Apex Ready
- Safety overflow float switch for cup
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Detachable controller with waterproof union
- 3rd-Party controller input (0-10V)
- 2 year warranty on pump body
- 1 year warranty on pump rotor (pinwheel impeller)
- 1 year warranty on skimmer body
- Body Diameter: 8"
- Neck Size: 5"
- Foot Print: 14.6” x 9.8"
- Total Height: 23.4”
- Output Size: 50mm - 1.5”
- Recommended sump water depth: 7 -8.5"
VarioS-4 S Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 800-1600 LPH / 28-56 SCFH*
- Power Consumption: 25-40W
- Voltage: DC 24V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Regal 200 INT Protein Skimmer
- VarioS-4 S Pinwheel Pump
- VarioS Control Unit
- Skimmer Cup Float Switch
- Output Gate Valve
- Neck Cleaner: CL-200
- Neck Extension: NK-200
Awesome skimmer By Adam b on 2/22/2018Adam b would recommend this product to a friendVery high quality and easy to set up and use. It's also very quiet with the dc pump. Definitely a professional quality skimmer.
Awesome product By Thomas on 12/19/2017Thomas would recommend this product to a friendI kept having water quality issues so I decided to upgrade my old and tired skimmer to this unit and also to add chaeto to my refugium. The skimmer started producing within a very short time and it skimmed so well that the bowl was half full of thick crud every 2-3 days. After just a few weeks my water quality is awesome, fish are happier, and corals are growing. I have even switched my return pumps to Reef Octopus VARIOS and now I have a very quiet and efficient setup. Thanks BRS.
good skimmer By Spiraling on 7/11/2017Spiraling would recommend this product to a friendI wanted a DC skimmer for my red sea 525xl. This skimmer is big for the tank. I ran it on full speed for the first month while the tank was cycling, and now have it dialed back and get great skim, even with a lightly stocked tank. I got the additional cable to control it with the apex, and that works fine. I do like the switch that turns off the skimmer when the cup is full.
The motor is silent, but the sound of the air sucking into it is noticeable. It did get a bit more quiet over time. With the doors closed you would have to be next to the cabinet to hear it now.
Awesome By Frank on 6/27/2017Frank would recommend this product to a friendWorks great. Continuous foaming once dialed in.
Starting at: $52.99
Starting at: $149.99