- Super Reef Octopus SRO-6000EXT 12” External Protein Skimmer
- Rated for tanks up to 600 gallons
- BRS recommended for tanks up to 550 gallons
External skimmer with Bubble Blaster HY-5000 pump. The refined hybrid cone design reduces and stabilizes foam production resulting in less turbulence in the neck area and more time for the organics to rise and collect.
Super Reef Octopus® 8” Recirculating External Skimmer SRO-6000EXT
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 500 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 550 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 600 gallons
- High quality cast acrylic
- Refined Hybrid Cone Shape
- Bubble Dispersant Plate - removable and reduces turbulence
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Requires a separate feed pump (~1000 GPH)
- Body Diameter: 12"
- Neck Size: 7.5"
- Foot Print: 20.5” x 17”
- Total Height: 29”
- Output Size: 50mm - comes with 1.5” PVC metric to standard adapter
- Output Height: 9.56"
- Inlet Size: 1"
- Water Circulation: 480 GPH / 1,800 LPH
- Air Draw: 2,100 LPH / 74 SCFH*
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
- 2 year limited coverage on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
Bubble Blaster 5000 Pinwheel Pump Features:
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
There are no videos related to this product.
Hi, wondering about the feeder pump for the RO 6000 ext. What if it's a 500-750 gph pump? Does this skimmer still work? Thanks
I have a bulkhead at the bottom of my sump can I hard pipe this skimmer inlet port in lieu of a 2nd pump?
You could plumb this skimmer directly into that fitting, however you will want to have the external skimmer mounted above the water level in the sump as it will most likely overflow when the power shuts down and the water in the sump tries to equalize and balance. That said, there may not be enough water pressure to "gravity feed" from the bulkhead, uphill, to the skimmer. :-)