- Super Reef Octopus SRO-3000EXT 8” External Protein Skimmer
- Rated for tanks up to 400 gallons
- BRS recommended for tanks up to 300 gallons
External skimmer with Bubble Blaster pump. The refined hybrid cone design reduces and stabilizes foam production resulting in less turbulence in the neck area and more time for the organics to rise and collect.
Super Reef Octopus® 8” Recirculating External Skimmer SRO-3000EXT
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 250 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 300 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 400 gallons
- High quality cast acrylic
- Refined Hybrid Cone Shape
- Bubble Dispersant Plate - removable and reduces turbulence
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Requires a separate feed pump (~500 GPH)
- Body Diameter: 8"
- Neck Size: 5"
- Foot Print:16” x 13.5”
- Total Height: 26”
- Output Size: 50mm - comes with 1.5” PVC metric to standard adapter
- Output Height: 8.85"
- Water Circulation: 425 GPH / 1,600 LPH
- Air Draw: 1,100 LPH / 39 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- 2 year limited coverage on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
Bubble Blaster 3000 Pinwheel Pump Features:
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
Very good product. By Richard on 9/15/2014Richard would recommend this product to a friendI've had this skimmer running for almost 6 weeks now for my 180 gallon display and 75 gallon sump. Though the instruction booklet provided was very brief, the online information was better. While my tank was cycling, the bubble pump stopped working but Coralvue next day expressed a new impeller and it's purring along. It's fairly quiet and after a few days of break-in, it began removing the "muck" from my water. Now that I've got fish in my tank, the water quality remains nearly perfect. I would recommend this. It is a very well put together product.
There are no videos related to this product.
The Output height on the skimmer is 8.85in and will need to be mounted straight off of the output and down to keep the water level in the skimmer chamber correct. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
This as fully water proof components and can be run internal if needed. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
These skimmers output should not be mounted higher than the level attached to the skimmer to prevent the internal water level from raising up too high. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!