- Regal 150INT 6" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
- Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 100 Gallons
- Medium Bioload - 150 Gallons
- Light Bioload - 210 gallons
Reef Octopus In Sump 10" Protein Skimmer from Reef Octopus - with a controllable VarioS DC pumps to process more or less water, depending on your setup.
- Footprint - 11.4" x 7.5″
- Height - 22.6″
- Recommended Water Height: 6"-8"
Reef Octopus Regal Skimmers now incorporate the new VarioS S pinwheel series of pumps. The new pumps are DC powered allowing for several advantages over traditional AC style pumps. The VarioS pumps can be fully controlled by a 3rd-party controller or through the included control unit. With 5 different preset speeds, and multiple feed modes, you can fine-tune Regal skimmers for superior performance on your particular system.
Internal protein skimmers that have the pump mounted externally will normally be more efficient than a space saver model (internally mounted pump) due to the fact that there is more room in the skimmers reaction chamber and less overall turbulence. They do require a bit more space but if your sump can fit a protein skimmer that has an externally mounted pump you will see much better results.
- Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 100 gallons
- Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 150 gallons
- Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 210 gallons
- VarioS-6 DC controllable pump
- Apex Ready
- Safety overflow float switch for cup
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Detachable controller with waterproof union
- 3rd-Party controller input (0-10V)
- 2 year warranty on pump body
- 1 year warranty on pump rotor (pinwheel impeller)
- 1 year warranty on skimmer body
- Body Diameter: 6"
- Neck Size: 3"
- Foot Print: 11.4” x 7.5”
- Total Height: 22.6”
- Output Size: 40mm - 1.25”
- Recommended sump water depth: 6 -8"
VarioS-2 S Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: up to 900 LPH / 31.5 SCFH*
- Power Consumption: 15-25W
- Voltage: DC 24V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Regal 150 INT Protein Skimmer
- VarioS-2 S Pinwheel Pump
- VarioS Control Unit
- Skimmer Cup Float Switch
- Output Gate Valve
- Neck Cleaner: CL-150
- Neck Extension: NK-150
Reef Octopus REGAL 150INT 6" INTERNAL By FLSharkvictim on 3/10/2018FLSharkvictim would recommend this product to a friendI have been a reef keeper for 25 years and I have gone through plenty of Skimmers in my time. I think my very first Protein Skimmer was a Aqua-medic .Feeling old - LOL.. Anyhow, in my personal opinion , out of all of the skimmer I have EVER worked with this one runs the best and build the best. My Last Skimmer was a SKIMZ Monzter Series 167 DC w/ a Quite Pro Pump and it was a very good skimmer but the Quite Pro pump kept breaking down on me so I switched over to a different MFG that had to fit in my Custom sump 35 gallon sump and this model's foot print was absolutely perfect. Also, another Plus, about the Reef Octo 150INTL is that it has a FLOAT SWITCH build in that connects with a BNC connector to your VarioS Controller. Ones Reef Octopus brought on a 3rd party company to start making there pumps, they have now put them selves in a league of their own... It only took me 3 days to break here in unlike some others out there on the market.. I give this one a Big Fat Thumbs Up!!!!
Great skimmer By Wes on 9/1/2016Wes would recommend this product to a friendI have this skimmer running for 10 days so far and I'm very impressed. Extremely quiet and started pulling gunk right out of the box. Easy to adjust and consistent. I'm running skimmer on 100 gal medium bio load system
Starting at: $52.99
Starting at: $149.99
Will this fit in the Trigger Systems Ruby 20 Cube Sump?
I would say this skimmer would fit, but, it would be tight. The skimmer has a footprint of 11.4" x 7.5" and the skimmer/drain section of the sump is 11.6" x 12". Have a great day!