BioChurn 120R Recirculating Biopellet Reactor
The BioChurn 120INT Biopellet Reactor by Reef Octopus has a unique cascading design to allow for greater surface area to help bacteria colonize plus a patent pending churn plate to gently fluidize media.
- Rated for aquariums up to 200 gallons
- Cyclone churning motion for media suspension
- Equipped with Aquatrance AQ-1000 feed pump
- Solid construction
- Refined control - independent flow valves to independently control the flow of media within reactor
- Patent pending churning plate - suspends media for more contact with nutrient rich aquarium water
- Easy to maintain upper containment plate
- Capacity: approx. 900 mL
- Diameter: 5”
- Height: 20”
- Footprint: 11.82” x 7.1"
- Output Size: 1"
- Inlet Feed Size: 1/2" or 3/4"
- Suggested Feed pump producing 270-530 GPH
Aquatrance 1200 Pump Features:
- Power Consumption: 15 Watts
- Max Water Flow: 340 GPH
- 1 year on reactor body
- 2 year on Aquatrance pump
- 1 year on rotor
Item #: OCT-BC120R
|Reactor Placement||In Sump|
|Media Capacity||4 Cups / 946mL|
This reactor can be ran both internally as well as externally : )
That's not a problem at all, its designed to be run outside the sump.
This reactor would require a feed pump to supply aquarium water to the reactor. They recommend a pump between 270 and 530gph. The sicce syncra silent 2.0 would be a good choice as its up to 568gph and has an adjustable inlet on the pump to adjust the flow.