- Reef Octopus BioChurn 120R Recirculating Biopellet Reactor
The BioChurn 120INT Biopellet Reactor by Reef Octopus has a unique cascading design to allow for greater surface area to help bacteria colonize plus a patent pending churn plate to gently fluidize media.
- Solid construction
- Refined control - independent flow valves to independently control the flow of media within reactor
- Patent pending churning plate - suspends media for more contact with nutrient rich aquarium water
- Easy to maintain upper containment plate
- Capacity: approx. 900 mL
- Diameter: 5”
- Height: 20”
- Footprint: 11.82” x 7.1"
- Output Size: 1"
- Inlet Feed Size: 1/2" or 3/4"
- Suggested Feed pump producing 270-530 GPH
Aquatrance 1200 Pump Features:
- Power Consumption: 15 Watts
- Max Water Flow: 340 GPH
- 1 year on reactor body
- 2 year on Aquatrance pump
- 1 year on rotor
Item #: OCT-BC120R
Great Product! By TG on 1/31/2017TG would recommend this product to a friendWorks amazing and easy to setup. Highly recommend!!
Works perfectly By Excellent reactor on 11/10/2016Excellent reactor would recommend this product to a friendI bought this reactor to replace another recirculating reactor I had bought and it is leaps and bounds better quality and operation than my old one it was easy to set up and fill with bio pellets
Can this reactor run externally?
That's not a problem at all, its designed to be run outside the sump.
Does this reactor need any additional pumps and if so what pump?
This reactor would require a feed pump to supply aquarium water to the reactor. They recommend a pump between 270 and 530gph. The sicce syncra silent 2.0 would be a good choice as its up to 568gph and has an adjustable inlet on the pump to adjust the flow.
What would the benefit to this reactor be compared to the Biochurn 120INT, which has a pump and it looks to be much easier to refill the media?
Also, someone else answered a question saying it's designed to be run externally - can it also be placed in the sump next to the skimmer?
This reactor can be ran both internally as well as externally : )