- Classic 110EXT 4” Recirculating Protein Skimmer (OPEN BOX) - Reef Octopus
BRS Recommended for tanks up to:
Heavy Bioload (Most Common) - 65 Gallons
Medium Bioload - 100 Gallons
Light Bioload - 130 gallons
External protein skimmer powered by Aquatrance 1000 pump with an improved venturi design and pinwheel impeller. Built with high-quality acrylic. Wedge pipe output allows for more adjustment of the skimmer compared to ball valves. ½” clearance required to remove collection cup for easy cleaning.
Footprint - 10.4" x 9.25"
Height - 22.8"
Feed Pump Required - 120 to 260 gph recommended
The Classic 110EXT skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 260 GPH. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90° bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being feed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.
- High-performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- Metric plumbing parts.
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
Note: A feed pump is required that can flow around 1.5 - 2 times the volume of the system. We suggest a pump around 150 to 250 GPH, and particularly like the VarioS 2 Controllable DC pump or Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0, we also highly recommend a gate valve to help control and fine-tune the flow of water into the skimmer from the feed pump.
- Body Diameter: 5"
- Neck Size: 2.5"
- Foot Print: 10.4" x 9.25"
- Total Height: 22.8"
- Output Size: 40mm - 1.25”
- Inlet Size: 1/2"
Aquatrance 1000s Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 420 L/H*
- Power Consumption: 9W
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Classic 110EXT Protein Skimmer
- Aquatrance 1000s Pinwheel Pump
- Output Gate Valve
- Metric to Standard Adapter