- SRO-5000SSS 10” Space Saver Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus
The Super Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS 10" Space Saver Protein Skimmer has all the performance you've come to expect from the expert series of Super Reef Octopus with the pump built into the bottom of the skimmer to save on sump space.
- Rated for tanks up to 500 gallons
- BRS recommended for tanks up to 450 gallons
- Modified conical body for enhanced foam production
- Bubble Blaster 5000 pinwheel pump
- Quiet and efficient
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 400 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 450 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 500 gallons
- Small Footprint
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body - stabilizes foam production for less turbulence in the neck area. Organic solids have more contact time to rise and collect
- Oversized Collection Cup - flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- 1/2" Clearance to remove collection cup
- Air Silencer - quiet operation and airline mount
- Control - precision control output valve
- Body Diameter: 10"
- Neck Size: 6"
- Foot Print: 13” x 11”
- Total Height: 25”
- Output Size: 1.5”
- Output Height: 6.2"
- Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 6.5 -7"
Bubble Blaster 5000 Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Water Circulation: 480 GPH / 1,800 LPH
- Air Draw: 2,100 LPH / 74 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- 2 year limited coverage on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
Runs great relatively quiet By Sal on 1/26/2019Sal would recommend this product to a friendI had the Classic 150 on my 8o gallon for 10 years worked flawlessly ....Upgraded to 300 gallon tank and picked up this 5000 sss. ..... it’s BIG ! Just fits in my Eshopps 300 but it’s skimming great already .... Easy to dial in
Updated By Antman on 12/8/2018Antman would recommend this product to a friend4 years later still running strong also it’s been a total of 6 years running on the same pump and same body
Skimmer By jeremy on 8/30/2016jeremy would recommend this product to a friendBest skimmer I have ever had very powerful skins like crazy
Love it By Antman on 11/17/2014Antman would recommend this product to a friendI got mine down to a sticky mud like state that I love ik going to say the best skimmer so far and I'm happy I have went the step to get it
Large & powerful skimmer By Bill on 9/21/2014Bill would recommend this product to a friendThis unit replaces an early model octopus skimmer that I had for many years- it does produce a lot of wet skim-waste where as my older model produced more of a sticky clay waste. I am hoping that with a little adjustments i can dry the waste a little.
All being said my corals and livestock seem to be extremely happy with the water quality and I am happy with the octopus quality
Special Price: $300.00
Looking for a replacement O-ring for the neck. Could you please tell me where i could locate one, size, and material?
All replacement parts for reef octopus can currently be purchased directly through CoralVue. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!