How much does your salt mix REALLY cost? - BRStv Investigates
Categories: Maintenance, Salt Mix, BRStv Investigates
Last updated: Mar 17, 2023
The table below was recorded in February of 2019 and is representative of salt mix costs at that time. The cost per month model is defined by 10% weekly water changes in a 100 gallon tank which equates to 40 gallons of saltwater per month.
- The total gallons of saltwater a container of salt mix will yield is dependant upon the exact salinity your mixing too.
- The difference in cost between the most affordable and most expensive salt mix is negligable, only $7 per month.
- Is cost the most important factor when choosing a salt ?
- Choose salt that most closely matches your desired tank parameters
- Necessary mixing time varies between various salt mix brands - as long as 24+ hours in some cases.
- Are you storing the saltwater or using it right away?
|Salt Mix||Total material weight||Total Gallons @ 35 ppt||Cost||Cost Per Gallon||Cost per month - 100 gallon tank|
|Instant Ocean||22.3 kg / 49.1 lbs||139.5 gal||$54.99||$0.39 / gal||$15.60|
|Reef Crystals||20.2 kg / 44.5 lbs||125.8 gal||$62.99||$0.50 / gal||$20.00|
|Hw Marinemix||19.5 kg / 42.9 lbs||129.3 gal||$69.99||$0.54 / gal||$21.60|
|Red Sea Blue Bucket||22.2 kg / 48.9 lbs||149.2 gal||$72.99||$0.49 / gal||$19.60|
|Red Sea Coral Pro||22.1 kg / 48.7 lbs||149.9 gal||$72.99||$0.49 / gal||$19.60|
|Brightwell NeoMarine||20.2 kg / 44.3 lbs||150.1 gal||$73.99||$0.49 / gal||$19.60|
|Tropic Marin Classic||25.0 kg / 55.1 lbs||170.7 gal||$83.72||$0.49 / gal||$19.60|
|Tropic Marin Pro Reef||25.0 kg / 55.1 lbs||170.7 gal||$95.37||$0.55 / gal||$22.00|
ESV Aquarium Products Inc.200-Gallon B-Ionic Seawater System Refill Kit - ESV
ESV Aquarium Products Inc.100-Gallon B-Ionic Seawater System Refill Kit - ESV
Tags: synthetic seawater, salt mix, aquarium salt
Login and Registration Form