Radion G6 Upgrade Kit Instructions - From G5 to G6 or Pro to Blue
- EcoTech MarineRadion G5 to G6 Upgrade Kit - XR15 Pro$199.99
- EcoTech MarineRadion G5 to G6 Upgrade Kit - XR15 Blue$199.99
- EcoTech MarineRadion G5 to G6 Upgrade Kit - XR30 Pro$399.99
- EcoTech MarineRadion G5 to G6 Upgrade Kit - XR30 Blue$399.99
The latest EcoTech Marine Radion G6 was built using the very same platform as the previous Radion G5 and features a NEW mixture of LED diodes that further expand the critical blue and near UV light spectrum corals crave. For the thousands of reef tank owners already using a Radion G5, upgrading to the new G6 LED layout is as simple as installing a new LED board and can be done in a matter of minutes.
The Radion G6 Upgrade kits are available for both the XR30 and XR15 model fixtures. You can choose between the popular Radion Blue or Radion Pro layout based on the spectrum and level of customization you wish to accomplish over your reef. You can also move from a Radion Pro to a Radion Blue as well using this very same upgrade kit without losing any performance or functionality.
Required Tools & Components
- G6 Upgrade Kit
- T10 Torx Screwdriver
- T15 Torx Screwdriver
1. Update your Radion with the most current firmware using Mobius.
2. Remove the lower plastic cover from your Radion using the T15 Torx Screwdriver. Remove the four screws to expose the HEI Lens, LED cluster, and heatsink.
3. Disconnect the UI ribbon from the G5 LED cluster. Remove the screws from the G5 LED cluster using the T10 Torx screwdriver. Remove the HEI Lens and G5 LED Cluster.
4. Remove the G6 LED cluster from the packaging being careful not to touch the thermal paste applied to the backside of the LED cluster. Hold only the edges of the G6 LED cluster when placing it onto the heatsink.
5. Carefully place the G6 LED cluster onto the heatsink. Re-attach the UI ribbon to the G6 LED cluster.
6. Place the HEI lens onto the G6 LED cluster and reattach using the same T10 Torx screws.
7. Position the lower cover back over the fixture and secure using the same T15 Torx screws. Be sure the power cord is correctly seated to align the lower cover properly.
Login and Registration Form