- Home /
- ReefKeeper Elite Plus - Digital Aquatics
Starting at: $69.99
$79.99 As low as: $75.99
$89.99 As low as: $79.99
Works very well By Alexander on 12/8/2014Alexander would recommend this product to a friendI am just back into the hobby after many years of hiatus. I have to say, after much research I am glad I went with DA RKE.
As with any hobby, when buying these types of systems you have to expect some 'figure it out yourself'. Expect as much with this item.
They do not come with documentation and must be found online. This is not a big deal for me as I would go online anyway to get the latest info on the system anyway.
Expect to update the modules when you get them. Just like with any technical system, update the firmware on all the modules before trying to setup anything. This is a slightly technical process so be prepared to learn how to do it. I am actually quite impressed that the ability to completely reprogram a bricked module is possible.
Some modules may come with the same ID number programmed. This will cause an error and may give you the indication the system is broken. This usually happens with the PC4. Just reset one of the modules that has the same ID as another and ensure that they all are different.
Some of the new modules don't all work in all ways of programming them. For example, I had to program my DA DP1 via the header as it is not recognized on the software or net programming at this time. Not a huge deal as, again, we are talking a hobby product and I can still program it.
All in all, this system works great with some minor learning. As always, we can expect the more expensive product to be more user friendly. But if you have some patience this product works great.
Expect to spend a few hours on a weekend getting everything setup. I have a SL1, 3 PC4's, a NET, and a DP1 with 2 float switches, temp probe, and PH probe working great.
Patience will save you money in this case.
Faulty SL1 module Bad customer service. By Wish I never bought it. on 11/2/2014Wish I never bought it. wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI bought the RKL plus over the apex to save some money.but that was a big mistake.first the RKL is not Mac friendly.Second my came with a faulty SL1 module. I call customer service but no answer and been I email them they finally replied I told them about the faulty module.they said they will send me another one but that was over a week ago I'm still waiting. So Please do yourself a favor and pay a Little more less aggravation
Some People... By Bryan on 10/20/2014Bryan would recommend this product to a friendI have had my elite for 3 years now. I have had one problem this whole time and that was a PC4 going out on me. But you know what? All the claims made by people seem to be because they are not smart enough to understand how to program it. I own a APEX on my wife's tank in our bedroom and by far it is more annoying to program. Trust me the APEX is awesome in that it comes with wireless etc but you also pay more. the programming on the reef keeper is easier. APEX has better customer service for sure as the Reef Keeper doesn't have any really it is a message board answered by volunteers. but you know what? I own cars that have a 36k warranty and never had to use it and a KIA has a 100k warranty that friends of mine defiantly use. It is preference, but if you are looking for best price, ease of use, and same functions get this. Apex has some auto fish feeders and extra crap you can add on but most of that crap sucks and you can add a fish feeder to any controller. Good Luck! and much love to BRS you are the BEST
Lot's of possibilities, difficult to work. By Mario on 10/14/2014Mario would recommend this product to a friendI finally got the modules attached to the cabinet and have been able to the temp probe and ph probe set up. I will eventually figure this out but I wish digital aquatics would have thought of the set up process. First of all I had to figure out that I had to go to the website to print instructions. No literature in the package, even the quick start guide is on line. Also, no Apple support for the software and lastly the usb modulate is too short.
Finally I am glad I got the product but it is not user friendly. Maybe when the wireless module comes out it will be easier. Still needs Apple support.
not to good! By matthew on 8/23/2014matthew wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI spent a month try to get mine to work , I spent for ever waiting for a call back from digital aquatics, bulk reef was very nice about everything I had to return the screen cause the buttons didn't work, once I got the new one one of my power strips wouldn't talk to the controller. I called digital aquatics waited a few almost a week for a call back, couldn't take it anymore just returned the whole thing. A very good concept just didn't work well for me. This was about a year ago when I bought for me new tank build. I ran in to digital aquatics at a reef a paloza and asked them about it and all they could say was the were in the middle of changing people around so I must have gotten over looked. Maybe things have changed now, but all I know from all this is bulk reef is a good company to buy from and I think next time I well put out more money for an apex.
A really good fancy multi-timer. By A on 7/15/2014A wouldn't recommend this product to a friendLets face it, Digital Aquatics gave up a long time ago. You know that when you buy into it. The hardware is good with a lot of potential. The software is what really holds the controller back. It kind of feels like the programmer was over worked and gave up about 70% of the way through. It works and it is pretty reliable if you just need something to watch your pH. It just has some goofy bugs like if you set DOW for the light, there is no indicator and the letter is there whether it is set or not. Just a little annoying I guess, nothing seems to work exactly right anyway. Seems like a perfect platform for an open source controller though.
Like having another reefer help with your system. By Scott on 3/25/2014Scott would recommend this product to a friendThe number one thing I would recommend to anyone with a reef tank is a controller. I love having this as part of my everyday. Very easy to program. I have everything in my system controlled through my reefkeeper.
Complete garbage save your money By Wes on 3/12/2014Wes wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI purchased this system back in 2011 and have been running it up until a recent move.
*DA has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced or seen
*SL2 never worked and still doesnt work
*Software is riddled with bugs and poor/incomplete functionality.
*No new software development since 2012.
*I know my way around code and software and between all the bugs and archaic design architecture it took me 2 full weekends to set up my system after hours of pouring through the forums which had no useful help from DA but a plethora of work arounds from equally dissatisfied customers.
I dont know how this company is still in business honestly. I think people like me purchase their product then feel they are "stuck" with it after investing several hundred dollars. Tonight after resetting up my tank and realizing that i needed to replace some probes and probably deal with their customer service again for the SL2 which still doesnt work I decided im not giving them a cent more of my money. I purchased a complete new system from Neptune Apex and look forward to never looking back at this disgrace of a company again. Semper FI
love it By dolphin66 on 3/8/2014dolphin66 would recommend this product to a friendWe ordered the RKL Plus and the auto top off. We love it, We have our lights, heater, auto top off all hooked up and ready to go. Makes things so much easier. Everything works as described, well made, its nice having the My Reef program to help set up the SID (display unit). Had it up and running in no time. We also have the temp probe and ph probe. PH probe was easy to calibrate although there is no instructions on how to calibrate it, there is a nice video on you tube that explains it perfectly. Should've purchased this a long time ago.
great product By Harry on 1/12/2014Harry would recommend this product to a friendThe reefkeeper works great, would recommend this to anyone.
Love this controller By Craig on 11/10/2013Craig would recommend this product to a friendI have been using the Reef Keeper Elite since it first came out. The only problem I had when I first got it was one of the PC4's didn't work. Digital Aquatics replaced it and its been working perfectly ever since. Very easy to set up and I use it to control everything from my lights and pumps to doing automatic water changes every two weeks. I would highly recommend this controller. I've been very happy with it.
Bad functionality By Adam on 8/20/2013Adam wouldn't recommend this product to a friendAlthough it is WAY better than no controller there were a lot of glitches. Cables a unrealisticly short, a PC4 died, there is not delay function (useful for skimmer), no graphing function.
I live with it but wish I got the apex.
Previously Asked Questions
by Scott on June 26, 2014, @6:36 AM
Yesterday I lost power and we were lucky that my wife was off work and was able to turn on all the pumps, heaters and lights....etc.....So the question is, if losing power to the aquarium with this controller/monitor connected/setup with my equipment, will it come back on along with turning on all the items that have been connected/setup.
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Scott,
The Reef Keeper system will keep all of the settings when power is lost. When the power comes back on it will set everything to whatever status that equipment is supposed to be depending on the time and parameters you have set. For example, if its 2pm and your lights are supposed to be on, when the system comes back on it will turn the lights on. If its 12am and the lights are supposed to be off, it will keep them off when power is restored.
by Javier on June 29, 2014, @8:28 AM
I just bought the RKE-NET from DA and I would like to know how to connect a tunze ato with this system. I know that there is the SL1 module with switches that currently runs ATO systems, but do I just connect the Tunze to a regular PC4 outlet? If so what would the configuration be for that channel?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Javaier,
What exactly did you want the systems to connect and do? The Tunze ATO system won't communicate back and forth with the Apex system but you could certainly plug the Tunze into a PC4 and have the Apex cut power to the Osmolator when desired (like when your doing a water change for example).
by Tim on July 19, 2014, @1:19 PM
I have two kessil 360 I'm looking for a controller for basic features. I'd like to have my lights auto dim from dusk till down I know apex can do this just unsure if reefkeeper can
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Tim,
The programming isn't as robust on the Reef Keeper but if you just want to dim them up and down, that is possible with the additional ALC module and Kessil cable. Do you already have a controller or looking to pick one up for the first time?
Upgradeable and expandable aquarium controller from Digital Aquatics, the Elite comes with many essential accessories which other controllers require you to buy separately.
Quick Compare - ReefKeeper
|Head Unit||Power Controller 4||System Lab 1||Programming Coupler||Temperature Probe||pH Probe||System Interface Device||Net Interface Module|
|Lite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x|
|Lite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Elite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x|
|Elite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x||x|
Here is a full list of what's included with the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite Plus:
- ReefKeeper Elite Head Unit (RKM-GC1)
- ReefKeeper SL1 module: pH, ORP, temperature, 2 micro switches (RKM-SL1)
- 2 ReefKeeper PC4 module's: total of 8 outlets
- ReefKeeper System Interface Device (RKM-SID
- Digital Aquatics pH probe kit
- Digital Aquatics Temp Probe
- 2 switch input adapters
- 6 foot bus cable
- 2 three foot bus cables
- 2 one foot bus cables
- 8 mounting screws
Full list of ReefKeeper Elite Plus features:
- Free software upgrades from Digital Aquatics are easy to install and keep your ReefKeeper Elite up to date with the latest firmware.
- MyReef software requires Windows Operating system
- Advanced 11 button interface makes the ReefKeeper Elite intuitive and easy to use.
- 128 x 64 graphical display with status icons, and a variety of other important information.
- The Home screen displays icons and easy to read information giving you "at a glance" system status updates. Easy scroll through function allows you to view all the data for your tank with the touch of a button.
- 250+ programmable channels allows for the control of over 250 outlets at once and ensures that you won't outgrow your RKE.
- Multiple mounting options keeps your aquarium setup looking custom and professional.
- Simple menu system for easy configuration.
- Night Mode is independently programmable allowing the RK Elite to activate the Moon Light Controller (MCL), dim display, and transition tank to a calm state
- 63 alarms with audible and visual alerts notify you when critical system parameters are out of range.
- 63 dedicated and programmable timers which can be mixed and matched with the Muli-timer in any fashion to create even more complex functions.
- Multi-timer function allows you to stack up to four unique timers to create any on/off cycle desired. This feature is great for dosing and other scheduled tasks that don't happen on a regular interval or for creating your own special cycle based on your needs.
- The Data logging feature logs data, for up to 32 probes and devices, onboard with over 1000 data points each with the addition of a NET module.
- Sure On metal halide control protects metal halides, in the event of a power interruption, by ensuring that there is a 15 minute "cooling" delay before they turn back on after power is restored.
- Light Timer with weekday/weekend schedules and safety temperature cut off. Use your RK Elite to set lighting cycles that cater to your viewing schedules as it changes throughout the week. The light timer will shut down the lights if the temperature rises above a set point.
- With the Moon Light Controller (optional) the RK Elite system can simulate a true lunar cycle.
- 2 Standby/Feed/Service modes gives the flexibility to configure multiple service modes for activities like feeding, water changes and other maintenance.
- Control functions can take any probe input and act on it with a user settable hysteresis. This includes but is not limited to pH, ORP, temperature and micro switches.
- Sumps and skimmers pump control allows you to program the sump and skimmer pump functions to be off in standby and even have a standby delay to make sure the system doesn't overflow or over skim food after a feeding.
- Wavemaker A/B and C/D pump control: The RKE features expanded wavemaker controls that allows you to set up multiple pairs of powerheads to get all the turbulent flow you need.
- Top-off control: controls a pump based on a micro switch for top-off and other features.
- Key Lock: keep other people from messing with your ReefKeeper Elite settings.
- Battery Backup: user serviceable and does not require service for replacement.
- Audible Feedback can be turned on or off
- Splash-proof Faceplate
Deal of the Day!
BRS Biopellet Reactor Combo KitEnds in$74.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427