- Home /
- ReefKeeper Elite Plus - Digital Aquatics
Starting at: $69.99
love it By dolphin66 on 3/8/14dolphin66 would recommend this product to a friendWe ordered the RKL Plus and the auto top off. We love it, We have our lights, heater, auto top off all hooked up and ready to go. Makes things so much easier. Everything works as described, well made, its nice having the My Reef program to help set up the SID (display unit). Had it up and running in no time. We also have the temp probe and ph probe. PH probe was easy to calibrate although there is no instructions on how to calibrate it, there is a nice video on you tube that explains it perfectly. Should've purchased this a long time ago.
great product By Harry on 1/12/14Harry would recommend this product to a friendThe reefkeeper works great, would recommend this to anyone.
Love this controller By Craig on 11/11/13Craig would recommend this product to a friendI have been using the Reef Keeper Elite since it first came out. The only problem I had when I first got it was one of the PC4's didn't work. Digital Aquatics replaced it and its been working perfectly ever since. Very easy to set up and I use it to control everything from my lights and pumps to doing automatic water changes every two weeks. I would highly recommend this controller. I've been very happy with it.
Bad functionality By Adam on 8/20/13Adam wouldn't recommend this product to a friendAlthough it is WAY better than no controller there were a lot of glitches. Cables a unrealisticly short, a PC4 died, there is not delay function (useful for skimmer), no graphing function.
I live with it but wish I got the apex.
Save your money for Neptune By Bakes on 6/7/13Bakes wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI've had this product for over a year now. Poor customer service, hard for beginners to set up. Software is glitchy. One pc4 crapped out at 6 months. Poor set up instructions. I will be switching to Neptune very soon.
makes life easyer By james on 6/5/13james would recommend this product to a friendvery good piece of hardware for your aquarium. you can control just about any aspect of your system and monitor vital water chemistry.
Great product By Kenneth on 5/6/13Kenneth would recommend this product to a friendI bought this unit about 7 months ago and it works great. It almost makes the aquarium a set it and forget it. It monitors everything I need it to and it keeps me informed of my water peramiters.
Good but very confusing By Bob on 2/27/13Bob would recommend this product to a friendIts very helpful and i like it, but haven't figured out the wavemaker setup. Ive had it for several weeks at isnt that easy to work with. Also dont call digital aquatics for help I couldnt even get a hold of their sales rep just call BRS they were very helpful and I got it up and working after i called them.
Elite, head unit By Jim on 12/25/12Jim would recommend this product to a friendI would agree with most of the reviews on here. The product is great but comes with no instructions. Thanks BRS for the videos. I have purchased the elite/ net package. The only thing differant I would like to see is a more aquarium safe RKE, Head unit. I did have a small spill (My Fault) and had the head unit laying on the sump self (Was still trying to figure out where I wanted to mount it) Head unit got wet a little salt water and fried!!! Would like Digital Aquatics to make a better sealed unit to maybe withstand a small spill. Like another review on here, you really need one more power strip and a few other cables. Due to warranty will not cover water damage, I have decided to just purchase the elite plus package. By the time I buy another RKE Head and another power strip, for just a little more, I will have a spare SID card, Power Strip, and cables. OVER ALL, LOVE THE PRODUCT!!!!
Item is only 7months old and they WONT stand behind their 2 year warranty By ScrewedByThisCompany on 12/18/12ScrewedByThisCompany wouldn't recommend this product to a friendOverall the product is SoSo. They are not in the same ball park with companies and products like Vortech and Digital Aquatics. I say this because their salinity meter is poor and their product support is well below par.
I dropped $500 on the Elite module about 6-7 months ago. It stopped working and tried to call in for which their phones were not working and would just hang up when you call or give busy signal. Thankfully their was email. I had to pay $20 to ship the short circut device back to them only to waste a week for them to tell me they were not standing behind their 2 year warranty and would have to pay $215 for a new one. To make matters worse they stated I needed to pay for return shipping for my 6 month old product.
I have never been so disatisfied and upset with a company. I have been in the hobby for 10 years. I had no other choice but to buy another one since I alreayd invested close to $700 after all the modules I have added on. I would never reccommend this company to a family or friend.
OK, but not for me By Susan on 11/29/12Susan would recommend this product to a friendI ordered this controller and everything worked perfectly. It took me several nights to get the basics. Everything worked like it should, but it wasn't the right controller for me. I wasn't crazy about the interface so I switched to an Apex. I have nothing against this controller or its functionality, it just wasn't a good match for me.
A must have, even with the minor troubles By Subodh on 11/13/12Subodh would recommend this product to a friendDisclaimer: I bought this directly from DA, before I knew about BRS. And I got introduced to BRS because there were no instructions to setup this thing and BRS TV was a life saver.
The only reason I did not get the Reefkeeper Elite was because it seemed so expensive. In hind-sight though, this thing saved me a couple grand already. Here's how this thing is invaluable:
1) I have dual main pumps, a skimmer, 2 Vortech circulation pumps, a chiller pump, a carbon reactor pump and a GFO reactor pump, -- 7 things that need to be switched off or on or a mix of some off and some on when a) I am feeding the fish or b) I'm feeding the corals or c) I'm doing a water change. With Reefkeeper, I just hit the standby 1 or 2 or 3 (configured for fish feeding, coral feeding and water change respectively) and I do not have to worry about forgetting to turn something on. I broke a thermometer one time (before RKE) while doing a water change because I forgot to turn the damn thing off before doing a water change (Tangled wires anyone?)
2) If you're manually managing individual switches you already know how expensive a mistake of forgetting to turn something back-on is. With RKE, delayed and automatic turn-ons make it easy to manage everything and has already saved me a whole tank crash multiple times.
3) The ability to set timers, standby as well as default settings for each one of the control outlets is a life saver, even when something major goes wrong. The ability to set one device's behavior based on an input received from another device (for example, based on the pH reading or the temperature reading) is even more invaluable.
4) There's one really good reason why Reefkeeper Elite is a must have: Port sensors and control. If you do not know what I'm talking about, skip it but if you need a digital control over water level, micro pumps and dosing, RKE is a must have.
Now over to a few things where RKE failed to live up
1) This thing seems to be made by people who're good at microprocessors but really lacking in software development. my Reef 2.0 is functional but takes too long to do anything, gets stuck half the time, the USB dongle is flimsy at best (needs a couple plug/unplug cycles) or the individual modules need a software update before they work. For example, every time the module resets I have to keep pressing the buttons until I see pH at top and temp at the bottom of the display. Shouldn't I be able to set my preference through software? Or, for example if I have something for which there is no preset, its quite hard to configure it between the three selectors of On/Off/Auto. For example, if I want the Chiller to be running all the time irrespective of the temp I must choose it as on/off rather than the preset which turns it on or off based on temperature.
2) This thing is meant for aquarium use but is really sensitive to salt water. My SL1 lab connectors are corroded and I have to live with it (I'm not aware of any time I spilled water on this thing but I must have dropped a drop sometime). There are times when this thing shows Bus Error and keeps resetting itself - if you have the lights connected to this thing they also turn on and off repeatedly shocking the fish (if there is a bus error). However, this is still my fault for mounting the unit to close to the aquarium on the side when it should have been inside the cabinet or something.
3) You'd need to buy more hardware. Even with the price tag of RKE, you'd realize you need one more power strip, probably a standby SL1 or SL2, some more connectors (they look like 2 line telephone wire plugs) and certainly couple more recalibration solutions.
4) Calibration isn't easy. I wish there was a BRSTV video for that. The data never stabilizes (even for the temperature) and the pH goes off track after a couple months. Anytime you backup and restore, calibration data is off by a few decimals. I don't mind paying for the calibration solution for the pH once in a few months but its still an irritation with an otherwise very good module.
Overall, I would highly recommend reefkeeper Elite I just wish some of the annoyances were corrected.
Ask a Question About 'ReefKeeper Elite Plus - Digital Aquatics '
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Upgradeable and expandable aquarium controller from Digital Aquatics, the Elite comes with many essential accessories which other controllers require you to buy separately.
Quick Compare - ReefKeeper
|Head Unit||Power Controller 4||System Lab 1||Programming Coupler||Temperature Probe||pH Probe||System Interface Device||Net Interface Module|
|Lite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x|
|Lite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Elite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x|
|Elite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x||x|
Here is a full list of what's included with the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite Plus:
- ReefKeeper Elite Head Unit (RKM-GC1)
- ReefKeeper SL1 module: pH, ORP, temperature, 2 micro switches (RKM-SL1)
- 2 ReefKeeper PC4 module's: total of 8 outlets
- ReefKeeper System Interface Device (RKM-SID
- Digital Aquatics pH probe kit
- Digital Aquatics Temp Probe
- 2 switch input adapters
- 6 foot bus cable
- 2 three foot bus cables
- 2 one foot bus cables
- 8 mounting screws
Full list of ReefKeeper Elite Plus features:
- Free software upgrades from Digital Aquatics are easy to install and keep your ReefKeeper Elite up to date with the latest firmware.
- MyReef software requires Windows Operating system
- Advanced 11 button interface makes the ReefKeeper Elite intuitive and easy to use.
- 128 x 64 graphical display with status icons, and a variety of other important information.
- The Home screen displays icons and easy to read information giving you "at a glance" system status updates. Easy scroll through function allows you to view all the data for your tank with the touch of a button.
- 250+ programmable channels allows for the control of over 250 outlets at once and ensures that you won't outgrow your RKE.
- Multiple mounting options keeps your aquarium setup looking custom and professional.
- Simple menu system for easy configuration.
- Night Mode is independently programmable allowing the RK Elite to activate the Moon Light Controller (MCL), dim display, and transition tank to a calm state
- 63 alarms with audible and visual alerts notify you when critical system parameters are out of range.
- 63 dedicated and programmable timers which can be mixed and matched with the Muli-timer in any fashion to create even more complex functions.
- Multi-timer function allows you to stack up to four unique timers to create any on/off cycle desired. This feature is great for dosing and other scheduled tasks that don't happen on a regular interval or for creating your own special cycle based on your needs.
- The Data logging feature logs data, for up to 32 probes and devices, onboard with over 1000 data points each.
- Data graphing displays tank data in easy to read dynamic graphs which allows you to quickly see when and where things are happening in your aquarium.
- Sure On metal halide control protects metal halides, in the event of a power interruption, by ensuring that there is a 15 minute "cooling" delay before they turn back on after power is restored.
- Light Timer with weekday/weekend schedules and safety temperature cut off. Use your RK Elite to set lighting cycles that cater to your viewing schedules as it changes throughout the week. The light timer will shut down the lights if the temperature rises above a set point.
- With the Moon Light Controller (optional) the RK Elite system can simulate a true lunar cycle.
- 2 Standby/Feed/Service modes gives the flexibility to configure multiple service modes for activities like feeding, water changes and other maintenance.
- Control functions can take any probe input and act on it with a user settable hysteresis. This includes but is not limited to pH, ORP, temperature and micro switches.
- Sumps and skimmers pump control allows you to program the sump and skimmer pump functions to be off in standby and even have a standby delay to make sure the system doesn't overflow or over skim food after a feeding.
- Wavemaker A/B and C/D pump control: The RKE features expanded wavemaker controls that allows you to set up multiple pairs of powerheads to get all the turbulent flow you need.
- Top-off control: controls a pump based on a micro switch for top-off and other features.
- Key Lock: keep other people from messing with your ReefKeeper Elite settings.
- Battery Backup: user serviceable and does not require service for replacement.
- Audible Feedback can be turned on or off
- Splash-proof Faceplate
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage DELUXE RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $289.99
Special Price: $259.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427