How to Install a RO/DI Float Valve
Float Valves are very handy for top off reservoirs, mixing stations, and many other applications where automatic filling from a RO/DI system may be necessary. Float valves can be added in minutes and only require a single ½” (12mm) hole in the container that you want it to fill.
- Turn off the source water feeding your RO/DI unit and relieve all built up pressure in the system by opening the product water line.
- Determine the location that you wish to mount the float valve*.
- In the spot that you decided where you want the float valve, drill a ½” (12mm) hole for the mounting stem to pass through.
- On the float valve unscrew the compression fitting and the mounting nut. Do not remove the rubber gasket.
- Pass the float valve’s mounting stem through the hole making sure that the rubber gasket is in between the containers wall and the float valves base.
- Install the mounting nut onto the float valve, so that it comes into contact with the containers outer wall.
- With your RO/DI systems product water line, install the compression fittings outer nut over the tube, then the compression fittings ferrule and then the spacer. (see image below)
- Push your RO tubing all the way into the float valve until it can go no further.
- Slide the compression nut onto the float valves threads encapsulating the ferrule and spacer.
- Tighten the compression nut hand tight. The nut should be tight and not allow the RO tubing to move.
- Level your float valve internally and tighten the mounting nut with very minimal force.
- Turn your water source back on, and monitor the float valve for any external leaks.
Float Valve Mounting Tips:
- 2” clearance from the top of any reservoir.
- Mount to flat or minimally round containers (compatible with Brute cans)
- Mounting through glass? Use Diamond Coated Drill Bits
If you have any other questions or need further help contact our reefing experts at 763-432-9691.