Make Your Own Tropic Marin All for Reef...CHEAP! Reef Tank Minor, Major & Trace Elements One Bottle
Tropic Marin's All-For-Reef is an all-in-one dosing to maintain stable calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, and all of the minor and trace elements your corals consume. Compared to the liquid version of All-For-Reef, the DIY kit can save you upwards of 60% and only requires that you measure and mix the individual components at home.
Recommended Tools for mixing:
- 100 mL graduated measuring cup
- Small kitchen gram scale
- Magnetic Stirrer (convenient, but not required)
1-liter Recipe & Directions
- Step 1: Starting with a clean container with at least 1 liter capacity, add 750 mL RODI water. Room temp water is ok, but warm water will help dissolve the powder more quickly.
- Step 2: Slowly add 140g CarboCalcium powder, stir continually.
- Step 3: Add 12g Bio-Magnesium powder, stir continually.
- Step 4: Add 100 ml Pro-Trace A-
- Step 5: Add 100 ml Pro-Trace K+
- Step 6: Keep stirring. It can take some time for the solution to be clear. Estimate ~20 mins. Solution will be a tint of blue, this is normal.
Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of All-For-Reef per 100 liters (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous control of the alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 liters (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached.