Straight Forward Set Up for Aquatic Life’s Coral Cover? Yes, Please!
- Aquatic Life24" Coral Cover Hybrid LED Light Fixture - Aquatic Life$305.99
Earn 305 Reward Points$359.99
- Aquatic Life36" Coral Cover Hybrid LED Light Fixture - Aquatic Life$424.99
Earn 424 Reward Points$499.99
- Aquatic Life48" Coral Cover Hybrid LED Light Fixture - Aquatic Life$535.49
Earn 535 Reward Points$629.99
- Aquatic Life24" DX18 Hybrid Dimmable T5 HO Light Fixture - Aquatic Life$458.99
Earn 458 Reward Points$539.99
|Included In The Box:||Required Tools:|
Ensure that you have a clear workspace and lay all items down for easy accessibility. Catalog all of the included parts to ensure nothing is missing. You will need a number two Phillips screwdriver to complete the install.
- You want to ensure that you lay the LED rails down so that the thin edges of the rails are facing outwards. Attach the hanging kit to the rails first, partially screw the ends into the barrel connectors on each cable and slip them on top of each rail, doing one side at a time. Then tighten the barrel connectors for added reinforcement. Please note: If you purchased the Floating Suspension kit from Aquatic Life, you would want to use their floating suspensions cables rather than the included hanging kit for this application. Therefore, please ensure to follow the steps on the Aquatic Life Floating Suspension kit to attach it to the top of those rails.
- Next, you will want to take the endplates and start on one side. First, connect and match the endplates with the three holes on each side of the endplate. Then install the six screws to hold them in place and then do the same on the alternate side.
- It is best to install the LED panels one at a time. First, remove the top center screws from each end of the LED panel. Then slide the panel up against the LED rails so that they sit in between the endplates. Next, line up the screw holes and use the screws you removed from the light to fasten them into place. Then once you have finished, head over to the alternate side and repeat the process.
- You can now install your LED brackets! In this step, you can use the universal brackets that came with the Coral Cover or the optional circular Kessil style brackets, depending on the LED light fixture(s) you plan on using. At this point, you would want to space out the brackets far enough to match the light fixture that you'll be utilizing. Therefore, it's best to grab your fixture at this time and place it centered inside of the Coral Cover. Take note of where to mount the rails to match the light fixture. If you are utilizing the Kessil brackets, take note that you will have to fit the bracket in the center of the Coral Cover. Then screw the brackets in place.
- Great, you can now hang your light fixture! You have various options for this application. First, you can hang it to the ceiling from the included hanging kit from the Coral Cover. Please note that you want to use the correct plugs, like butterfly clips or drill screw hooks, to install your lights into your ceiling joists to support your light fixture appropriately. You can also use the optional Floating Suspension kit from Aquatic Life to install it directly to your back wall. Or you can utilize Aquatic Life's light hangers and attach them straight to your aquarium stand to suspend the lights overtop of your aquarium.
- Once everything is assembled and set in place, you can now plug in your light fixture.
Using the App:
- Download the HM Electronics Aqua Master app to your smartphone. Once you open the application, you will see the Coral Cover LED panels in the device list. Tap on one of the LED panels on the device list to connect it to the app. Your password is in the blue column of your pamphlet that came with your instructions or you can use the generic password: 24897673 if you don't have the pamphlet. When renaming your lights, choose a unique name for both the front and back half of the fixture. This way you can reference the correct side of your LEDs easily. Repeat the steps for the second light fixture.
- Once both panels are connected, click on the sliders icon on the HM Electronics Aqua Master app at the bottom of the screen and adjust the spectrum, color combination, and light intensity to the desired level.
- After setting the spectrum and output, you can now click on the schedule icon to schedule your daily light cycle via the easy setup option. Click on the desired bulb combinations at the top. Next, select your preferred start time and enter it under "sunrise". Define your ramp time somewhere between 3 and 100 minutes (30-60 minutes is common). This sets how long the fixture will take to ramp up to full power in the morning. Finally, define the maximum intensity between 1 and 100 percent, hit submit and you're all set.