AquaMaxx ConeS CO Protein Skimmer Setup Guide
The ConeS is the workhorse of the AquaMaxx line of skimmers and is available in five different models for tanks ranging in size from 75 gallons all the way up to 800 gallons.
|If you`ve got the room in your sump, go with the CO series. Maximize the bubble reaction chamber with the pump on the outside of the body, and makes it easier to access the pump for maintenance.|
|Footprint (In.)||6.3" x 8.7"||7.1" x 14.2"
(or 9.1" x 12.6")
|12.3" x 14.2"||16.6" x 13.8"
(or 20.1" x 10.7")
|16.6" x 18.2"
(or 22.1" x 12.6")
|Motor||Shark 1.5a||Shark 2.0a||Shark 3.0a||Shark 6.0b||Shark 7.0c|
|Gallon Rating||Light Bio-Load:||Up to 175g||Up to 300g||Up to 450g||Up to 600g||Up to 800g|
|Heavy Bio-Load:||Up to 90g||Up to 160g||Up to 270g||Up to 350g||Up to 500g|
- Attach the pump to the base of the protein skimmer.
- Attach bubble diffuser to the pump/skimmer base using the included nylon screws.
- Attach skimmer body to the base assembly. Twist to lock and tighten using included nylon screws.
- Push venturi fitting into the inlet of the pump
- Attach yellow silicone air tubing to the venturi and air silencer
- Attach drain fitting (w/ plug) to the collection drain port.
- Twist and lock the collection cup onto the skimmer neck.
Setup & Operation
- Rinse the brand new skimmer with fresh water to rinse off any manufacturing residue. A spray bottle with RO/DI water works great.
- Verify and/or adjust the water level in your sump. Skimmer must be submerged into 8 - 10" of water for proper operation.
- Open the skimmer outlet pipe 100%.
- Plugin the skimmer and allow foam level to stabalize.
- Slowly close the outlet pipe until the foam level aligns with the white collar that holds the collection cup onto the skimmer body.
- Allow the skimmer to break in for 5-7 days.
- Adjust foam level as needed using the outlet pipe for efficient protein skimming.
- Empty collection cup at least once per week. A dirty skimmer cup drastically reduces a protein skimmer's performance.