10 Tips to Turn Neptune Systems PMUP Into a Multi-Use Aquarium Powerhouse!
Categories: Tips & Tricks
Last updated: Nov 19, 2021
Neptune Systems PMUP
- Neptune SystemsPMUP v2 Practical Multi-Purpose Utility Pump$44.95
- Neptune SystemsDC24V Power Supply$22.95
- Neptune SystemsPMUP-T v2 with Power Supply - Practical Multi-Purpose Utility Pump$59.95
- AquaMaxxMFR-1 Magnetic Feeding Ring$22.40
Jen walks us through her top ten practical tips and tricks for utilizing the Neptune systems PMUP. It's more than just an ATO pump!
- Get the separate 24v power supply (sold separately) so you can use the pump independent of the Apex Controller.
- Always Use the anti-siphon fitting to prevent backflow during top-off.
- Use the 3/8" to 1/2" quick-disconnect reducer/adapter fitting for easy tubing attachment and removal for maintenance. **Pro Tip: Add an inline 1/2 Mur-Lock Ball Valve for flow control.
- Attach a rigid acrylic tube for spot cleaning your corals. You will need a 3/8" x 1/4" Adapter Fitting and a 1/4" diameter acrylic tube.
- Use the rigid acrylic tube setup described above for cleaning pumps and aquascape as well.
- Use in a citric acid bath to circulate water when soaking other pumps.
- Use the small pump in terrariums and fountains.
- Works perfectly for water changes on small nano and pico aquariums.
- Make a no-spill fill hook using Mur-Lock elbows and tubing.
- Pair with the AquaMaxx Magnetic Feeding Ring to hold and mount the pump on your tank walls. Super handy for cleaning and water changes.
Login and Registration Form