- Home /
- Super Reef Octopus 1000LSS Protein Skimmer
Out of stock
Out of stock
AWESOME By JOE on 3/5/2014JOE would recommend this product to a friendGot this skimmer for my bday which replaced my red sea ckim 1800 and I couldn't be happier, saved ALLOT of room in my sump and it only need one pump to run!! Super quiet and it started skimming within 3 days of use love the octopus skimmer build can actually see whats going on inside the skimmer unlike my cskim 1800! WHISH ID GOTTEN SOONER!! octopus rocks.
Excellent product By Daveya on 12/16/2013Daveya would recommend this product to a friendI had my eye on this product for several months. I knew my current skimmer was not cutting it. Finally I pulled the trigger because BRS was offering 15% off all reef octopus products over Black Friday weekend. This skimmer arrived vet quickly and was a breeze to setup, install and running within 10 minutes. It only took 5 days to "break in" and it's skimming like a champ. The skimmate it's producing is a dark coffee/tea looking product. My tank has definitely benefited from this new addition! The skimmer is very quiet and I can not even hear it! My only negative was the discharge spout came with no attachment piece. So when I first set up the skimmer water was splashing everywhere in the sump. Had to by a $.50 PVC T fitting to allow the water to be diverted closer to the water line and as a result stopped the splashing. The skimmer is very solid and well constructed. The bubble blaster pump is awesome and creates a TON of bubbles!!
awesome product By Brianne on 12/5/2013Brianne would recommend this product to a friendone day running and its already pulling up some serious skimmate. thanks a lot brs! looks slick, quiet. no negative comments here at all.
There are no videos related to this product.
Previously Asked Questions
by Harry on March 30, 2014, @8:32 AM
Where is the •Recommended sump water depth: 5.75 - 6" measured from. My sump water level is 11'' deep. The skimmer has a 5'' base. I'm at 6'' if it's measured from the bottom of the skimmer housing. If you could clear this up it would be most helpful.
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Harry,
The water depth would be how deep the water in the sump is, so from the bottom of the sump to where the top of the water is. It is always assumed that the skimmer is sitting on the bottom. So it is recommended to place this skimmer in 6" of water. If you have a chamber that is too deep you could build a skimmer platform that would keep the bottom of your skimmer at 6" from the water surface to basically recreate a sump that is only 6" deep.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 100 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 160 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 180 gallons
- Small Footprint
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body - stabilizes foam production for less turbulence in the neck area. Organic solids have more contact time to rise and collect
- Oversized Collection Cup - flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- 1/2" Clearance to remove collection cup
- Air Silencer - quiet operation and airline mount
- Control - precision control output valve
- Body Size: 6”
- Foot Print: 8” x 9”
- Neck Size: 4”
- Total Height: 23”
- Output Size: 1.25”
- Output Height: 9.6”
- Recommended sump water depth: 5.75 - 6"
- Specifically designed and built to be a skimmer pump
- Digital control circuit board to control direction startup and RPM speeds
- Safety auto shut off if problem is detected
- Clear volute housing to see inside pump without taking it apart
- Silicone Nitride shafts and bearings to resist the build up of calcium
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Air Draw: 540 lph/19 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 565 lph/ 150GPH*
- 3 year on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
Bubble Blaster 1000 Pinwheel Pump Features:
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
Item #: SRO-1000LSS
Deal of the Day!
BRS Tonga Single Branch Dry Live RockEnds in
Regular Price: $2.09
Special Price: $1.0500:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427