Ultra Reef Typhoon Protein Skimmers - Solid Construction & DC Powered Reef Tank Filtration!
Ultra Reef is not shy about its commitment to quality and performance. From the custom CNC machined PVC & acrylic components to the Italian-made app-controlled DC water pump, every single aspect of their Typhoon series protein skimmers is tailored to perform at the highest level and it shows. The quality of craftsmanship is not only reflected in the price but you can also expect superior nutrient removal, whisper-quiet operation, and long-lasting performance.
Why Ultra Reef?
The quality of construction and superior performance cannot go unnoticed throughout the entire lineup of Ultra Reef Skimmers. Down to the titanium screws, there are quite a few details that boost these skimmers to the very top of the internal skimmer spectrum.
- Solid PVC & acrylic construction - heavy-duty and cut with ultimate precision for easy assembly/disassembly
- Titanium screws - anti-corrosive metal.
- Quality Sicce PSK DC pump - precise control over air/water ratio
- Precision adjustments - threaded outlet pipe allows for very progressive water level control
- Quieter than a whisper - a Sicce brand pump means both efficient and ultra-quiet operation combined with a bulky air silencer
- Easy maintenance - self-cleaning venturi, mess-free cup removal, and the entire skimmer can be disassembled for cleaning
The Typhoon skimmers are available in two different models which should be chosen based on your tank's bioload. The skimmers are bulky because of the premium materials so be sure to verify the footprint dimensions and clearance within your sump.
|Typhoon UKD-200||Typhoon UKD-250|
Typhoon vs Akula
The Typhoon series skimmers feature an externally mounted DC controllable Sicce PSK water pump. This pump control gives you the ability to manipulate the air/water ratio being injected into the skimmer so you can maximize the nutrient removal capacity based on your tank's bioload. The pump is also located on the outside of the skimmer's body which means you will accommodate a larger footprint but get the benefit of maximum contact time. There are two models that are specifically designed for larger aquariums from 100 to 300 gallons.
The Akula series features an internally mounted Sicce Syncra Silent pump which creates a slimmer profile and smaller footprint. This pump is non-controllable which means you cannot control that air/water ratio which does limit the skimmers adjustment range in terms of bioload. There are three models to accommodate tanks form 50 to 200 gallons.