- Home /
- Reef Octopus DNW110 4” Recirculating Protein Skimmer
Works Great By skimmer user on 4/3/13skimmer user would recommend this product to a friendThe pipe fittings were a little loose, but nothing a generous application of PVC cement couldn't fix. Plastic pipe was thin walled and a bit challenging to cut since my normal cutter was squashing the pipe instead of cutting it. Assembly was easy although the directions were nothing to write home about. Was producing wet foam within 2 hours and good skimmate by the next day. Has been pulling tons of crap out of my system. Was able to install behind my refugium since there was no room in the sump.
High quality; easy to fine tune By David on 3/1/13David would recommend this product to a friendI got this because recirculating skimmers do not depend on the water level of a sump and my sump is a regular 20g aquarium with no partitions. It is perfect. Very easy to fine tune and efficient. skimmate globs in 2 days. It does require some glueing/assembly and it's a bit large. I'm not really sure where they got the 4" from.
Easy to install! By Plumber on 2/22/13Plumber would recommend this product to a friendThe exit return is long so you can cut it to length using virtually any cutting tool short of nail clippers. The parts fit together loosely because they are meant to be glued together once everything is fit to your tank. That's what you do with PVC.
great upgrade By James on 2/16/13James would recommend this product to a friendI upgraded to this from a nw110 when I installed a new fuge in my sump and needed to install the skimmer internally. Since it is more or less the same model I expected similar performance but this is at least twice as effective. The recirculating design produces a much thicker foam. The return pipe that came with it wasn't long enough for my install but it did come with a metric conversion fitting so I could use my own PVC.
Grossly over done By skimmer user on 2/9/13skimmer user wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis skimmers exit return is to long, the pipe coming out of the return is 16 inches long and all the parts fit together lose you would have to glue them together.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Reef Octopus DNW110 4” Recirculating Protein Skimmer'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
- The DNWB skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 250GPH. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90° bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being feed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.
- Reef Octopus 4" Recirculating Skimmer OCT-DNWB110
- Dimensions: 10.5" x 6" x 22"
- Manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 125 gallons.
- BRS Recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 100 gallons
- Powered by 1 OTP 1000 pump at 250 GPH
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- Metric plumbing parts.
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
Deal of the Day!
DIY Aquarium Screen Top Kits - 1/4" NettingEnds in00:00:00:00
- FREE PRIZE$
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Have ideas how to improve our process for our customers?
Let us know.
Let us know.
Hours: 9am -5pm CST M – F
672 Mendelssohn Ave N, MN 55427 Map
© 2013 Bulk Reef Supply. All Rights Reserved.