- Home /
- Reef Octopus 7" Regal 170EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer
No related items recommended for this product.
There are no videos related to this product.
Previously Asked Questions
by avril on August 3, 2014, @1:38 PM
Reef Octopus 7" Regal 170EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer can i used this skimmer for my tank which is 72x24x24 which is stocked with fishes and softies and LPS.
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Avril,
I think this would be a great skimmer for that tank as we recommend it for systems up to 200 gallons. The DC skimmers provide a great level of control which means you can speed the pump up or down to get the best performance out of the skimmer for your system.
Just remember that you will need an additional pump to feed the skimmer water from your sump. I would recommend the Sicce Syncra 2.0 or 3.0 but any pump capable of moving 300-600 GPH will work. I would go with the 3.0 if you need to move water vertically or farther than a few feet from the sump to make sure you can come close to hitting that 600 GPH mark.
Hope this help! Have a great day :)
Reef Octopus® Regal 7” Recirculating External Skimmer REGAL-170EXT
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 140 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 200 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 300 gallons
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Requires a separate feed pump 300-600 GPH)
- Body Diameter: 7"
- Neck Size: 4"
- Foot Print: 14.1” x 11.8”
- Total Height: 23”
- Output Size: 40mm - 1.25”
Reef Octopus Controllable DC3500s Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 800-1200 LPH / 28-42 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 25-40W
- Voltage: DC 24V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- 2 year limited coverage on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
- Neck Cleaner: CL-170
- Neck Extension: NK-170
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage Drinking & Reef RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $269.99
Special Price: $242.1500:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427