A360W-E Tuna Blue LED Aquarium Light (Wide Angle)
Why does BRS recommend this?
The owner of BRS uses these lights on his personal tank. Kessil produces their own Dense Matrix LED chip which gives them ultimate control over spectrum of the LED chip and the quality. They can be used with or without a controller and give a very natural metal halide shimmer. We find the A360W-E LED lights to have more than enough power for most tanks up and over 24" deep, and with the different mounting options available they are easily adaptable to your tanks lighting needs.
Now amazing shimmer with a controllable LED, we can't help but be impressed with the natural looking lighting effect produced by Kessil LEDs. They produce an amazing shimmer to rival a metal halide and you can even see the shadows of fish swimming over the sand - just like in the ocean. Kessil has put years of research into their LEDs creating a Dense Matrix LED which tightly packs the LEDs onto one chip with numerous colors and numerous wavelengths of light.
- Kessil Logic™ - Adjust color on one channel and intensity on other channel
- Compatible with external 0~10V Controller like Neptune Apex or Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper
- Compact, pendant design
- Exceptional shimmer effect
- Dense Matrix LED - patented design of tightly packed LED
- Proprietary blend of precision UV light to encourage coral coloration
- Two Channels for fine tuning of color spectrum
- Quiet operation
- Runs cool at high efficiency
Dense Matrix LED
Kessil has spent millions of dollars and five years researching a different approach to LED. Instead of individually wrapped LED chips, Kessil tightly packs them together. This results in blends of different light wavelengths before they leave the light, providing uniform color throughout your tank. The single light source eliminates the spotlight effect, effectively spreading the light over a wide area.
The new proprietary Kessil Logic™ is featured on the A360 LEDs. It is a unique form of spectral intelligence developed for precise color blending and optimal coral growth. Before you could vary the light intensity of two different channels to find the desired color and intensity mix. Now users can select the perfect spectrum and color with one knob and then adjust the intensity with the other boosting the light output at both ends of the spectral tuning range by as much as 30%.
- Kessil Spectral Controller
- On/off timing
- Intensity and color spectrum adjustment
- Compatible with 0~10V Controller
- Apex Ready+ - Certified by Neptune Systems. Use Kessil A360 Neptune Apex Control Cable
- Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper. Use Kessil A360 ReefKeeper Control Cable
- Control multiple lights by connecting them with the Kessil A360 Unit Link Cable
- Dimensions: 2.96" Length x 4" Diameter
- 24" surface diameter by 3' penetration (on average)
- Power Usage: 90W
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC (Input), 48 VDC, 1.87A (Output)
Two Models Available
- Kessil A360W-E - Wide angle lens for the best spread and coverage
- Kessil A360N-E - Narrow angle lens focuses the light for better penetration
What's in the Box
- Kessil A360W-E LED Light with Cord
- Extension Cable
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Two Metal Hooks - to attach light to wood, acoustical tile or other ceiling
- Two Light Mounting sets
|Short name for grouped product||A360W-E Wide Angle Tuna Blue LED|
I have 180 gallon 72" long 24"wide and 18" deep I believe. thanks for your input. Im ready to pull the trigger and get some of these from yall.
I would recommend going with 3 of the wide angles!
You can use 2 and have the coverage for that tank. I would recommend using 3 if you can.
H380 Halo II LED Algae Grow Light
Have a great day!
Have a great day!
After a great deal of problems with the tank, I have converted to a fresh water tank. Is there any parts or bulbs I can
use to convert this light to fresh water?
Kessil Lighting – 510-620-5250 firstname.lastname@example.org
A single Kessil A360We LED will be a perfect fit for a Reefer NANO tank. Between the ease of mounting, controlling, and the overall look and spread of the light emitted that would easily be one our top choices to light that tank when it comes to LED’s.
Thanks for the question and if you have any more just let us know.
For a 180g tank we would suggest starting out with 3 Kessel A360We units and once the corals start to grow out a bit more, you may find that you need more lighting to cover up the shadows that the coral growth has created.
We would suggest looking into adding a couple T5 lamps to help even out the coverage in an SPS dominant tank since 5x A360 units can get pretty expensive.
A single Kessil A360 would be lacking in light on that size tank. We wouldn’t really recommend that light for any tanks wider than 24” at most. For a 32” long tank you would definitely want two of those to get full coverage and have minimal shadows.
The Kessil A360 lights can have their spectrum and intensity controlled, but the shimmer is not controllable. The new AP700 LED has magnetic diffusers that will lessen the effect of the shimmer, but unfortunately they are not available for the A360 lights. Some people have managed to create their own diffuser using different intensities of semi-translucent clear plastics and then getting creative on attaching them to the light.
Thanks so much for your help.
We recommend 3 of the Kessil A360's for best performance. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Should I get the narrow angle or the wide angle model?
The A360 will ideally be over a 24" x 24" area maximum for good SPS growth. Depending on the length of your tank 3-4 of the lights would be recommended.