NYOS QUANTUM Protein Skimmers - New at Marine Depot!
https://goo.gl/5fUMKp While most people hate bringing work home, Weâ€™re quite the opposite!
All of the Marine Depot staff relish the opportunity to do some homework and take home a shiny new reef toy. Mulling over every little detail and understanding how and why things are made in certain ways excites us more than it probably should.
When we received the new NYOS QUANTUM Protein Skimmers, this is exactly what happened. We looked over every little detail and VERY closely inspected every element on the skimmer.
Upon opening up the package and checking out the skimmer, the first thing we noticed is how heavy the skimmer is. This is a nice, heavy-duty, protein skimmer made of quality materials: no cheap plastics here!
- Titanium screws, so you donâ€™t have to worry about rusting
- Unique hybrid-wheel impeller needlewheel w/ lattice-shaped base â€“ the light-weight, open lattice should do a great job in creating and chopping up air bubbles
- Clear impeller housing on 160 or 220 (Clear-View Reactor) â€“ you can see the impeller working and also allows you to see if any snail or rock gets stuck in the housing
- NYOS Twister saw blade bubble plate â€“ twister spins the water and bubbles exiting the bubble plate; reduces turbulence inside the skimmer and allow for improved contact time
- Draws a TON of air: 2200lph for the 220 model (1500/160, 500/120). More air = more air bubbles and more surface area for protein to attach
- Smooth transitions on the bubble plate and on the collection cup lid
- Nice, precise water outlet adjustment
- Adjustable air intake to further fine-tune the skimmer
- Easy twist-off collection cup
- Compact footprint
- Low power consumption
NYOS QUANTUM Protein Skimmers have all the features you look for in a skimmer: high performance, quiet, easy to service, ability to fine-tune the skimmer, low power consumption, reliable and handsome good looks.
There are 3 sizes available for aquariums up to 500 gallons.
Initially the skimmer may seem a little pricey, however, it IS one of the few skimmers that is made in Germany and definitely has some unique features. Compared to some of the high-end German Skimmers such as Bubble King, ATB or Vertex Alpha, the NYOS is actually pretty inexpensive.
Being distributed by EcoTech Marine, you also don't have to worry about getting support as you do with some of the smaller German brands. NYOS is a great option for those looking for a high-end German-made skimmer that is quiet and efficient.
Well, Iâ€™m just about done with my homework for this week. If you found this video helpful, please like and share the video to help us spread the word and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos just like this. We appreciate you watching and until next time, take care and happy reefkeeping.
VIEW ALL NYOS QUANTUM PROTEIN SKIMMERS: