- Home /
- Reef Octopus DNW200 8” Recirculating Protein Skimmer
Good Investment By Metal Man on 10/28/11Metal Man would recommend this product to a friendWell preforming skimmer. Within hours of setup I had a good foam head.
On a side note however, some of the acrylic used seems kind of cheap. Watch the clamp for the silencer, the screw only has about 2-3 turns of threading into the skimmer body. If your not careful the plastic on the body will chip right out and then you have to find another way to mount it.
Also, the small acrylic drain tube that extrudes from the bottom of the collection cup broke off immediately with only a small tug on the drain line.
You pretty much have to baby it if you dont want parts to break, but other wise its a great investment.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Reef Octopus DNW200 8” Recirculating Protein Skimmer'
Previously Asked Questions
by Valentino on January 9, 2013, @6:51 AM
what size feed pump do i need if i deside to use it in sump do i still need a feed pump
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Valentino,
Great question. If you are using any sort of recirculating skimmer you are going to need a feed pump to actually supply the water into the skimmer (even if its in the sump). The pump on the skimmer just recirculates the water in the reactor. The manufacturer recommends a 500gph feed pump for this skimmer. The eheim compact 2000 would be a great choice, as would the danner mag drive 5. I will link both below.
- The DNWB skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 250GPH. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90°bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being fed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.
- Reef Octopus 8" Recirculating Skimmer OCT-DNWB200
- Dimensions: 16" x 11" x 28"
- Manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 250 gallons.
- BRS Recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 200 gallons
- Powered by 1 OTP 3000 pump at 750 GPH
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- Metric plumbing parts
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
Deal of the Day!
BRS 150 GPD Water Saver Upgrade KitEnds in
Regular Price: $59.99
Special Price: $53.9900:00:00:00
- FREE PRIZE$
- Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am -5pm CST M – F
672 Mendelssohn Ave N, MN 55427 Map