- Ruby Cube Sump 20 - Trigger Systems
- Dimensions: 20″ long x 20″ wide x 15″ high
- Drain/Skimmer Section: 11.625″ x 12″
- Front/Refugium Section: 19.5″ x 7.25″
- Return Pump Section: 12″ x 7.625″
- Total Water Volume: 24.3 gallons
- Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
The RUBY series sumps are loaded with features and come with the trademark dark RUBY translucent red material. RUBY sumps have the same designs as the CRYSTAL but have the following differences:
- Same or slightly larger dimensions
- RUBY red coloring to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
- Probe holder
Some additional features of the RUBY sumps are:
- Locking Filter Sock Holder
- Dual platforms (SUMP model)
- Adjustable Water Height (ELITE and CUBE models)
- Protein Skimmer section
- Refugium section
Adjustable Water Level
Water level in the sump is adjustable on the following RUBY sumps:
- RUBY20C Cube from 7” to 9.5”
- RUBY30E and RUBY36E Elite from 7” to 10”
This feature is to accommodate for the water height requirements for different protein skimmers.
All RUBY sumps come with a probe holder that can hold up to three probes. The holes are 0.63” in diameter.
Locking Filter Sock Holder
Filter socks snap and lock into the filter sock holders to secure the filter sock from falling out when it becomes clogged and needs to be cleaned or replaced. The 4” filter socks are 100 micron rating.
Draw String Tabs
Tabs are located on the top support brace in front of the 1” bulkhead fittings (which are included). The purpose of these tabs is to provide a location for tying off 7” diameter filter socks that have draw strings.
RUBY SUMP models come with dual platforms in the space before the return section. The top platform comes with a foam block filter and the bottom one is open to use for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, rubble rock, etc.). This feature is on the SUMP model only.
Quality built By Mike on 12/14/2017Mike would recommend this product to a friendUnder my 50 gallon cube now for 6 months , love it fits perfect, small space but also room for a skimmer Refugium and reactor , top notch quality as well
Love it! By Kaleb on 2/28/2016Kaleb would recommend this product to a friendI bought this for my 60 gallon Marineland Cube it fit perfectly underneath!
Can I fit a Vertex 180i in the skimmer section so I can put a zeolite reactor in the fuge area. Footprint says it should fit but I am worried about the filter sick holder being in the way.
The skimmer will fit however it will brush up against the filter sock in the chamber.
Is there enough room for the skimz skimmer or reef octopus skimmer to fit
It will vary on which skimmer you choose. As long as the foot print of the skimmer fits in the 11.625″ x 12″ area you will be set to go.