Trigger Systems Roller Mat Sump 30 is changing the future of sumps!
- Direct Connection to the Roller Mat
- Removable Plumbing Input Plate
- Dosing Tube Inputs
- Integrated Probe Holder
- Cable Organizers
- Self Adjusting Platform
- Laser Engraved Water Level
- Includes Roller Mat Stand
RM30 Water Flow
The drain plumbing from your tank can be plumbed directly into the 1" PVC fittings that are attached to the removable drain plate. Water will then automatically feed into the Roller Mat housing to be filtered. When the water level rises in the Roller Mat it will then drain into sumps first section.
Skimmer Section (11.75" x 10.5") - This section was designed to house most space saving style skimmers to fractionate the water as it comes out of the Roller Mat. Water then will flow over a baffle into the next chamber.
Refugium Section (15.5" x 10.25") - This space is most commonly used for a refugium to grow macro algae and hold rock or sand for additional surface area. The top brace has a relief cut allowing it to accept most clamp-on or gooseneck style mounts.
Return Pump Section (6" x 15.5") - After the baffle, your aquarium's water will remain in the return pump chamber and just add your favorite return pump to finish the cycle.
Overall Dimension with Roller Mat - 40.5" L x 16" W x 15" H
Overall Dimension without Roller Mat - 30" L x 16" W x 15" H
Max Flow Rate through Roller Mat - 600 GPH
Drain Input Size - (3x) 1" PVC Couplers
Removable Drain Plate
Water enters into the sump through a removable drain plate that comes with 1" PVC couplers already attached. Just insert a Barb x Spigot fitting or your favorite color of pipe into each fitting. The plate can be removed if necessary for a custom plumbing option.
Self-Adjusting Platform (pat pending)
After the refugium section water will flow over the patent pending self-adjusting platform. Just set the water level where you want it, and the baffle will automatically set itself to the optimal location, maximizing space for media on the bottom plate.
All RM30 sumps come with a probe holder that can hold up to four probes. The counter sunk holes accept almost all major brands of probes, even Neptune's temperature probe.
Dosing Tube Holder
The RM30 sump comes standard with four push-connect adapters that can accept any 1/4" OD tubing. They are great for connecting dosing pumps, ATO, and calcium reactor effluent lines.
The little things are what matters and Trigger's attention to detail also includes cable organizer clamps that can hold tubing or electrical cables securely and out of the way.
1x RM30 Sump
3x Foam Bulkhead Spacers
1x Roller Mat Elevation Stand
Note: Theiling Roller Mat not included and required for use.
Attaching the RM30 Sump to the Theiling Roller Mat
- Unscrew and remove the nut and gasket from the bulkheads included with the Roller Mat assembly.
- Remove the input (lower most) bulkhead completely from the Roller Mat body and also remove the stub pipe from the input bulkhead.
- Remove the 4 thumb screws that retain the drain plate from the sump
- Place the Roller Mat stand where the unit will be sitting.
- Place one Spacer Gasket on each bulkhead and then slide the Roller Mat assembly into the holes on the side of the sump.
- Loosely attach the bulkheads gaskets and nuts to the bulkheads that protrude through the sump.
- The input bulkhead needs to be placed from the sump side into the Roller Mat which can be accomplished through the drain plate. Once it is through the sump and Roller Mat you can then reattach the gasket, nut, and stub tube.
- Snug all the bulkhead nuts but do not overtighten them.
Note: We highly suggest water testing any sump checking for leaks and function. It is also important to check the water level in the sump during a simulated power outage. It is possible for the water level in the Roller Mat to rise up to the float switch activating the motor and rolling through the fleece. If this happens we suggest adding check valves to your return plumbing to help eliminate back siphoning.
There are no videos related to this product.