Braided Vinyl Tubing (Sold by the Foot)

Grouped product items
Product Name Qty
1/2” Braided Vinyl Tubing

SKU: 203060

In stock


- +
3/4” Braided Vinyl Tubing

SKU: 203061

In stock


- +
1” Braided Vinyl Tubing

SKU: 203062

In stock


- +
1 1/4” Braided Vinyl Tubing

SKU: 210016

In stock


- +
1 1/2” Braided Vinyl Tubing

SKU: 203063

In stock


- +
2” Braided Vinyl Tubing

SKU: 203064

In stock


- +

Reinforced braided vinyl tube is far superior to normal vinyl tubing because it seals better on barbed fittings and is extremely kink resistant. Very popular for the saltwater aquarium hobbyists.

  • Extremely Kink resistant
  • Made from non-toxic PVC
  • Reinforced with spiraled polyester yarn to reduce elongation under pressure
  • Soak in warm water or use a hair dryer to overcome coiled shape


Braided Vinyl Tubing is sold by the foot. Just put in how many feet you need and we will send you a single piece that long. 


1/2" Braided Vinyl Tubing

  • ID: 0.50"
  • OD: 0.728"


3/4" Braided Vinyl Tubing

  • ID: 0.75"
  • OD: 1.024"


1" Braided Vinyl Tubing

  • ID: 1.00"
  • OD: 1.299"


1 1/4" Braided Vinyl Tubing

  • ID: 1.25"
  • OD: 1.619"


1 1/2" Braided Vinyl Tubing

  • ID: 1.50"
  • OD: 1.929"


2" Braided Vinyl Tubing

  • ID: 2.00"
  • OD: 2.50"


Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Braided Vinyl Tubing (Sold by the Foot)
Your Rating
Only registered users can write reviews. Please or

Product Questions

Is this safe to use to plumb a UV sterilizer such as the Aqua Ultraviolet 40 Watt Classic UV Sterilizer?
Question by: Kyle on Dec 2, 2022, 7:25 PM
Yes you can use this for a UV sterilizer. We also carry black vinyl tubing that is a little more flexible and may be more suitable for that application. You can find that tubing at the link below. Don't forget to get plastic clamps as well!



Answer by: Rick Pucciarella (BRS Staff) on Dec 15, 2022, 12:39 PM
Can you please tell me if braided tubing is ozone safe? I used it in my overflow and return plumbing and am considering installing an ozone system.
Question by: Andrew Sweeting on Mar 21, 2022, 2:27 PM
Hey Andrew, thanks for the question! Technically they would likely be fine but we recommend using an Ozone Reactor.
Answer by: James Johnson (BRS Staff) on Mar 24, 2022, 2:25 PM
I am interested in braided vinyl tubing. I need a 15 ft length of 2" ID. How to order? Website is a little confusing. If I indicate 15 on the order will I get 15 single 1 ft pieces or a single 15ft piece?

Question by: Tim Ebner on Jun 5, 2016, 9:00 AM
Great question!
These will ship out in a single length of 15 foot tubing if you select 15 as quantity. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor on Jun 9, 2016, 3:03 PM
Hi, I'd like to add a spears gate valve on my overflow as part of a herbie design. Right now the overflow from the tank to the sump is a 1.25" ID corrugated flex tube. Is there anyway I can add a gate vale without hard piping it?
Question by: Eric on Aug 20, 2014, 1:38 PM
Hi Eric,

I would connect the gate valve directly to the bulkhead and then run the flexible tube from there. I have never run a Herbie with a flexible line before so I am not entirely sure how it will work. As long as the end of the drain line is below the surface of the water it should work the same as with PVC.
The other option would be to use barbed fittings on the flexible line and splicing the valve into the line but I would be concerned about leaks and the fact that if any air get into the line the Herbie will not work properly.

Unfortunately, we do not sell 1 1/4" fittings so you would need to either convert your plumbing to 1" or 1 1/2" or you will need to find fittings that convert 1" or 1 1/2" threads to 1 1/4" barbed fittings.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Have a great day :)
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Aug 20, 2014, 1:38 PM
does this come by the foot like if I order 5 feet of 3/4 tubing do I have to buy connecters or it all comes in one? and will this fit a bulkhead?
Question by: tyler on Jun 13, 2014, 7:52 AM
Hi Tyler,
Unless you order more then a whole roll (generally over 100 feet) it will come as a single piece. Tubing shouldn't be connected directly a bulkhead, you need to use a barb fitting for the tubing but that is quiet simple. If you have a 1" bulkhead you will want a 1" barb (also called "insert") fitting. Just be sure to get a slip or thread fitting depending on what your bulkhead is.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Jun 13, 2014, 7:52 AM
Will the 1 1/2 inch braided Vinyl Tubing fit over the barbs on the 1 1/2” Schedule 80 Straight Barb x Male Thread fitting?
Question by: Robert Bauer on Apr 8, 2014, 2:21 PM
Hi Robert,
That is correct, 1.5" braided vinyl tubing goes with the 1.5" barb. I would also pick up a 1.5" ratchet clamp to hold it together as well.
Answer by: Bulk Reef Supply on Apr 8, 2014, 2:21 PM