BRS Reverse Osmosis Chloramines Monster
The Chloramines Monster is designed to be installed on your RO system and treat the chloramines in environments where large volumes of water need to be produced. The added size and capacity of the 20 inch canister and carbon block allow for greater flow rates without reducing chlorine removal efficiency.
At common RO system, incoming flow rates (less than 1g/min) the manufacturer has informed us the Pentek CRFC20-BB cartridge will last 75,000 gallons. At a 3:1 waste to product water ratio this filter will produce almost 19,000 gallons of RO water.
Chloramine is different than Chlorine and is used in 10% of U.S. water supplies. Standard RO filters will not remove chloramines from the water. If your household water supply contains chloramines install the Chloramine Monster before your current RO system. If you are unsure if your city uses chloramines, call your water treatment center or city hall and ask. They should also be able to provide you with a water quality report as well.
Each BRS Reverse Osmosis Chloramines Monster contains a Pentek CRFC20-BB Radial Flow Carbon Filter and is ideal for chloramine taste & odor reduction in POE (Point-of-Entry) and other high-flow rate applications. The CRFC20-BB reduces chlorine, chloramines, taste & odor, and particulates from your water.
20" CRFC20-BB features:
- A radial flow design that offers low pressure drop, minimal carbon fine release, and extended cartridge life.
- The huge radial cartridge of surface modified carbon provides the extended contact time that is required to properly convert chloramines into harmless chloride and nitrogen.
- At common RO system incoming flow rates (less than 1g/min) the manufacturer has informed us the Pentek CRFC20-BB cartridge will last 75,000 gallons.
- At a 3:1 waste to product water ratio this filter will produce almost 19,000 gallons of RO water.
- We recommend this unit be used in conjunction with the Pentek ChlorPlus carbon blocks in your RO system.
20" CRFC20-BB Quick Specs:
- 10,000 gallons of water at 5 GPM*
- 25,000 gallons of water at 2.5 GPM*
- 75,000 gallons of water at 1 GPM * (**)
* This cumulative filtered water and includes both product and waste water
** All of our RO and RO/DI systems operate at 1 GPM or less
|Product Name||BRS Reverse Osmosis Chloramines Monster|
It will come with 1/4" connections. You need to change the reducing bushing from 1"-1/4" to 1"- 1/2". This can be found under our sch. 80 fittings.
These will come with 1/4" connections. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
There is not a solid pre filter other than more sediment filters. You can add an additional canister to the front of your unit and place in another sediment filter. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
The easiest way to convert a standard 4 stage RODI system to one capable of removing chloramines would be to purchase an additional chamber along with the Chloramine conversion kit. The added chamber will hold the sediment prefilter and you can then install the carbon stages in the next 2 chambers while leaving the DI in the last chamber.
You can go with this kit here https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/single-deionization-canister-1.html
or purchase the individual parts to avoid having to buy an extra DI canister.
Here is the filter kit
I hope this helps!
Have a great day :)
With this unit most folks just install it first before the entire system.