27 Watt High Output UV Sterilizer
The IceCap UV sterilizers can be used on saltwater, freshwater, and ponds to help control and even eradicate parasites, algae, fungi, bacteria, and protozoa without any harmful chemicals or biocides. When set up, maintained, and properly operated; free-floating microorganisms will be killed by the high output UV light as it passes through the sterilizer.
- Kills most suspended bacteria and viruses in the water column
- Will not affect beneficial colonies in filter media and substrate
- Improves redox balance in aquariums and ponds
- Aids in control of parasites
- Can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Includes secure mounting brackets
- Can be plumbed using standard PVC fittings
- Optional molded barbed fittings included for easy installation with tubing
Plumbing your UV Sterilizer
Plumbing to and from the UV Sterilizer is completely up to you. The most common practice is to have the UV spliced into your filtration's return line with a return pump or a canister filter. If using the included barbed fitting, you must glue them to the PVC Adapter (also included). PVC plumbing can be achieved using standard 2 inch PVC found at any local hardware store. The size in and out can be reduced to the desired size to accommodate your system's plumbing. Use a bypass assembly for greater water flow control and ease of service.
|UVC Output (uW/cm2)||75||105||270|
|Lamp Life (hrs)||10000||10000||10000|
|Max. Flow Rate - Marine||600 gph||1000 gph||3000 gph|
|Max. Flow Rate - Freshwater||1500 gph||3000 gph||12000 gph|
|For Marine Water Volumes||Up to 140 gallons||Up to 400 gallons||Up to 1000 gallons|
|For Freshwater Water Volumes||Up to 1300 gallons||Up to 3000 gallons||Up to 12000 gallons|
Thank you for reaching out to us. That would be approximately 400 GPH.
Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!