- Dimensions: 36″ long x 15″ wide x 16″ high
- Drain/Skimmer Section: 12″ x 14.5″
- Center/Refugium Section: 12.25″ x 14.5″
- Return Pump Section: 8″ x 14.5″
- Total Water Volume: 34.5 gallons
- Skimmer Water Level: 9.5″ fixed
The RUBY series sumps are loaded with features and come with the trademark dark RUBY translucent red material. RUBY sumps have the same designs as the CRYSTAL but have the following differences:
- Same or slightly larger dimensions
- RUBY red coloring to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
- Probe holder
Some additional features of the RUBY sumps are:
- Locking Filter Sock Holder
- Dual platforms (SUMP model)
- Adjustable Water Height (ELITE and CUBE models)
- Protein Skimmer section
- Refugium section
Adjustable Water Level
Water level in the sump is adjustable on the following RUBY sumps:
- RUBY20C Cube from 7” to 9.5”
- RUBY30E and RUBY36E Elite from 7” to 10”
This feature is to accommodate for the water height requirements for different protein skimmers.
All RUBY sumps come with a probe holder that can hold up to three probes. The holes are 0.63” in diameter.
Locking Filter Sock Holder
Filter socks snap and lock into the filter sock holders to secure the filter sock from falling out when it becomes clogged and needs to be cleaned or replaced. The 4” filter socks are 100 micron rating.
Draw String Tabs
Tabs are located on the top support brace in front of the 1” bulkhead fittings (which are included). The purpose of these tabs is to provide a location for tying off 7” diameter filter socks that have draw strings.
RUBY SUMP models come with dual platforms in the space before the return section. The top platform comes with a foam block filter and the bottom one is open to use for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, rubble rock, etc.). This feature is on the SUMP model only.
I have a old DAS retail system that has 3 85 gallon tanks (355 total) stacked on top of each other. They will only be used for fresh water and never salt. Would the Ruby Sump 36 be a good choice for this system. I am looking for a system with 2 filter socks for my over flow, big enough to hold my drainage in a power outage and a large enough pump return chamber so I have a large Min and max area.
this would be too small to hold access water and in addition may be too small to hold an appropriately sized skimmer.
This will work great for any size as long as you have a skimmer which will fit in the skimmer compartment! Feel free to let us know if you have any further question!