- Pohl’s K-Balance Potassium Concentrate - Korallen-Zucht
Potassium is one of the major elements in seawater and natural levels are very similar to that of calcium levels, 380-410mg/liter. While not consumed as quickly as calcium, it is important to maintain appropriate levels to achieve ideal coral coloration and growth. KZ tests have shown tanks with known potassium deficiencies to show significantly better growth and coloration within days of K-Balance use. K-Balance contains multiple potassium salts in high concentrations.
- Can be used to enhance growth in SPS corals
- Enhances blue/purple coloration in Tridacna clams and SPS corals
- Can aid in preventing old-tank syndrome
Note: Low potassium levels have following characteristics:
- Montipora stop growing, colors are dull to grey
- Poccilopora and Stylopora with low potassium level look like they have been out of the water in the air, polyps are inside and color is light without depth and saturation
- Blue Acropora are also washed-out
- Seriatopora can show complete tissue necrosis within a few days
- Turbinaria Reniformis stops growing.
Dosing: 1 mL/25 gallons per day
Warning: Do not increase dosage given on the label. Product is highly concentrated. We recommend to check potassium level regularly like Ca or Mg.
K-Balance Strong is especially useful to increase the potassium level in big tanks.
great for maintaining potassium By reefer99 on 5/16/2015reefer99 would recommend this product to a friendAn excellent product for maintaining potassium. I add it a couple times a week and my potassium levels stay right where I want. Note: if you need to raise your potassium more than 20ppm use k-balance strong
Works as Advertised By David on 11/24/2014David would recommend this product to a friendthis is a low concentration potassium additive suitable for daily or regular dosing. It isn't very strong so it would be quite a waste to try to increase your pitassium concentration significantly using it. As a way to help maintain the level however, it works great.
Great for boosting colors By Lenny on 7/1/2014Lenny would recommend this product to a friendI noticed my acros were looking dull and my reds had a pale pink coloration. I sent my water for testing and found that calcium and most other parameters were right on but my potassium level was 210. I started dosing potassium with K Balance and almost overnight I noticed not only more red coloration but my polyp extension has never been so amazing. I highly recommend this product to any reef junkie, especially if trying to raise finicky acropora and montiora corals.