Smart UV 40 Watt (OPEN BOX)
Emperor Aquatics is now Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems.
Why does BRS recommend this?
When it comes to UV most other companies will recommend a small UV for a large tank which in reality won’t do much more than make your water look a bit clearer. If your ultimate goal is to keep bacteria, protozoa, and other free floating pathogens at bay there really is no better choice than Pentair Aquatics for UV sterilizers. With their real world ratings, we have tried other UV sterilizers and really nothing else has come close. Even though they are a bit more expensive than other brands, their performance makes them worth every penny.
Suggested Aquarium Size: 260 gallon or less
- Inlet/Outlet: 1.5" Slip Unions
- Minimum Operational Flow Rate: 157 GPH
- Maximum Operational Flow Rate: 262 GPH
Pentair Aquatics SMART UV series features a compact space saving design which utilizes a 3" reaction chamber. When used properly UV Sterilizers significantly reduce the chance of encountering disease or algae outbreaks.
UV sterilizers are most effective as a preventative measure against disease outbreak. While not infallible a properly sized and set up sterilizer will add a significant barrier to disease outbreak. Protecting your system and it's inhabitants will ultimately save money, promote long lived healthy fish and increase satisfaction received from the hobby. Sterilizers can also be used as a component of an effective strategy to current outbreak. Primarily to help ensure the outbreak doesn't re-emerge after treatment. Anyone who has had the misfortune to encounter an outbreak will appreciate the importance of preventive measures against future problems.
Pentair Aquatics UV Sterilizers are superior to the competition in the following ways:
- Sterilizers are accurately sized based on contact time, flow rate and tank volume to achieve realistic results.
- Suggested sizes are based on end of bulb life to ensure continuous results
- Suggested flow rates factor in the water clarity and UV Transmittance of typical aquariums rather than basing them on purified water.
- Unique design maximizes the effective contact time by utilizing the full bulb length.
- Pentair aquatics is trusted by zoos, universities and public aquariums including Duke University, Monterey Bay Aquarium, SeaWorld, Georgia Aquarium, USDA Agricultural Research
40 Watt SMART UV Sterilizer Specs
|Maximum Aquarium Size
|Water Flow Rate Algae and Bacteria 30,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum
|Water Flow Rate
180,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum
|UV-C Output Watts
|943 GPH/1574 GPH
|157 GPH/262 GPH
|43¾" x 3½"
*Suggested flow rates are based on 80% power or "end of lamp's life" performance
*Maximum flow rates are based on 100% power or new lamp output
*Flow rates consider 90% UV transmissibility