Schedule 80 Spears Gate Valves will provide smooth, lasting operation while giving your aquarium a professional look. Gate valves are used for any application that requires precise control such as skimmers or silent overflows.
- Slip x Slip
- Smooth long term operation
- Precise tuning
- More professional look than white Schedule 40 PVC
The golden rule of plumbing is that every job takes three trips to the store. While this can be frustrating locally it can be much worse when shopping online. Being short a fitting or two can delay a plumbing project for days. Here are some quick tips to avoid this.
- Plan your plumbing on paper
- Don't skimp on unions. Unions allow for easy breakdown and maintenance as well as remove the need for precise elbow placement. Use them as often as possible.
- When in doubt order extra. We happily accept returns for a full refund (less shipping) on all unused fittings within one month of purchase. A few extra bucks in return shipping is less frustrating than a project delay.
Thank you for the question. These are meant to be able to make small adjustments and for that reason turning the handle feels a bit hard, when not installed it is harder, once it has the PVC on both sides creating lever it makes it easier to turn. I would not recommend using lube because there will be a risk that it wont hold the desire position. I hope this helps but please let us know if you have further questions. Thanks.
All plumbing and fittings on our website are sized based on the nominal pvc pipe rating (meaning the internal diameter of the pipe). This means that a 1.5" bulkhead or coupling or union will accept 1.5" ID/nominal pvc pipe.
Hope this helps!
We typically will use slip and glue it in place and add 2 unions before and after the valve to make changes, movement and working with the valve easier. If you thread in the valve it still can't be removed easily as it will be threaded in opposite directions from either end and make removing it a bit of a process where as Unions will simplify the process. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
It sure can. Schedule 40 and 80 have the same nominal size fittings and will fit together.