- DOS & DDR Dosing System Package - Neptune Systems
Limited Time Neptune DOS & DDR Dosing System Package
When you pair the DOS Fluid Metering System with the DDR Dual Reservoir System you create one of the smartest, state of the art dosing packages in the world. In conjunction with Apex Fusion the ability to make minor adjustments is easier than ever, even allowing you to monitor how much of your favorite liquid 2-part or trace element is left in the DDR Reservoir.
The Neptune DOS Fluid Metering System is one of the smartest dosing pumps on the market. It will hook directly to your existing Neptune Apex, ApexEL, or Apex Jr. giving you the ability to program both pumps independently for what ever kind of dosing your tank may need.
The #1 reason people purchase a dosing system for their aquariums is for consistent and easy dosing of 2-part solutions (calcium and alkalinity) to their reef tanks. The most common method for doing this today is to use standalone dosing pumps and run them on a timer using seconds or minutes to determine how much to dose. This is not only confusing, but also prone to inaccuracy. Everyone knows that when measuring a fluid it is done by volume, not time. Every dosing calculators out there uses volume. So, with the DOS, DDR, and the Apex Fusion interface you simply enter the amount you want of each part of the additives (one on each pump) and what hours of the day you want it delivered. The DOS then sets up all the dosing intervals within that time period. When that time interval is finished, the exact volume you set has been delivered. It even automatically chooses the slowest speed necessary for the pump so that it minimizes noise.
- Automated water changes - Water changes with the DOS are super easy. All you do is place your empty vessel and your fresh stock of saltwater under your stand. Then, with the Apex Fusion wizard just tell it an amount of water you want to change over what length of time and the hours of the day you want it to happen and it figures it all out for you. It will perform an automatic, continuous water change for you. It gets better. If you have our dual optical water sensing accessory Apex Fusion will send you an email or text message letting you know it is time to change out the jugs. Less time pumping, siphoning, and sloshing water and more time enjoying a great aquarium.
- Dosing micro amounts - If you need to dose tiny amounts of a particular solution, element or other fluid (like vodka dosing or Zeovit systems), the DOS is the perfect solution due to its precision controlled stepper motor. This ability to control pump movement in such a refined manner means that you can dose all the way down to 0.1ml at a time!
- Large diameter tubing - Larger size tubing means that your pump does not have to work nearly as hard – or stay on for longer cycles. The most popular dosing pumps on the market use tube fittings with the tiny diameter of 1.67mm. The DOS uses much larger tubing and fittings. In fact, at 3.33mm in diameter, the pump on the DOS can handle 4x the flow of the most common pump style on the market. This means that your pump (and motor) will run 1/4 the time to pump the same amount of fluid. Less run time means long pump life.
- Headache free interface - Programmability using Apex Fusion makes dosing a breeze.
- Quick and easy tubing changes - No matter the pump, your tubeset will eventually go bad. Changing out the peristaltic pump tubing on the DOS is a snap. Literally! All you need to do to change out the pump tubing is squeeze the pump head and remove. Then take out the tubing, replace with a new one, and snap it back on. No screws, no impossible snap on covers and no fussy loose rollers to mess with. And, because you are not changing out an entire pump head, your costs are lower as well!
- Adaptability - The DOS has an accessory port that will enable it to be connected to the DDR – Dual DOS Reservoir.
- Super silent operation - The Neptune Systems engineering team has taken extensive steps both in how the pump operates as well as the enclosure design to ensure that the DOS system is one of the quietest dosing systems on the market for the fluid volumes it delivers
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
1x DOS Fluid Metering System
- DOS pump
- Aquabus cable
- 4 meters of tubing
- Power supply
1x DDR DOS Dual Reservoir
- DDR with sensors and cable
- 4 meters of tubing
- Getting Started Guide
Requires: Apex, Apex Classic, ApexEL, Apex Jr., or Apex Light
Patented HFC12 series couplings have flow comparable to many 1/2" nominal flow couplings in a 3/8" body size. Compact and lightweight, HFC couplings replace bulky and heavy brass ball and sleeve couplings in a wide range of applications. An ergonomic design and a large shrouded thumb latch pad product a coupling that is easy to grip and simple to operate. An efficient valve design lead to high flow and exceptionally low spillage. Vacuum to 28 in. 3/8" nominal flow. Specifications: Polypropylene(Gray) Working Pressure Max. 60 psi Operating Temperature 32°F to 160°F. Polypropylene is light gray.
Good product By Samer on 12/16/2018Samer would recommend this product to a friendThis is my first dosing system and it was very easy to set up. Cal and Alk. Pricise dosing and being able to monitor how much fluid is left is awesome. The dosing pumps are big so extra space is needed. If more compact with 4 pumps would’ve been nice for future needed dosing fluids. All in all still satisfied with purchase.
Neptune not listening to reviews By Huntindawg1962 on 12/15/2018Huntindawg1962 would recommend this product to a friendJust received the DOS/DDR and like other have mentioned in reviews and forums, the side where they pack the extra hose in the cylinder arrived with the level sensor snapped off the side wall of the tank. After reading around this appears to not be an uncommon way to recieve a DDR. Maybe Terance should pay attention to this minor detail that is causing customers aggravation. I am sure BRS will make it right.
Unit works great By BigHildy53 on 11/10/2018BigHildy53 would recommend this product to a friendMy unit is quiet and doses accurately. Easy to calibrate and setup with Apex. I like the matching containers and pumps.
Works perfect By Jonathan on 3/26/2018Jonathan would recommend this product to a friendWorks perfect. Easy to setup dosing schedules. The only drawback is the price.
Going Triton, go DOS By Chris on 1/5/2018Chris would recommend this product to a friendI order two sets of these to handle the Triton Core7 Dosing. They installed fairly easily, however the including dosing lines were bundled way too tight and I had to soak them in super hot water several times to get the bends out. Some people have said they are too loud, I could possibly see that, but the way mine are configured each head runs for maybe 30 seconds an hour and each staggered by 15 min.
The only real downside isn't so much the DOS but the software on the Apex. If you want to dose Triton, you have separate your dosing schedule for each part by at least 5 min (i'm using a 15 min schedule). If you follow their wizard, there's no real guarantee that you'll get that separation. Thus you have to create hourly dosing schedule per pump. Furthermore if you need to fine tune it, you have to manually update each dosing schedule (96 in all).
That said, still super happy with the hardware, and the software while less than what I ideally wanted is lightyears better than anything else out there.
Too Loud! By James on 9/2/2017James wouldn't recommend this product to a friendcool unit but way too loud to living room or bedroom. Can hear it though normal walls.
Easy automated control By Lisa on 2/9/2017Lisa would recommend this product to a friendWorks great with my Apex. Love it for top off.
Awesome By Jon on 12/17/2016Jon would recommend this product to a friendEasy to set up and works like a charm
My 2nd DOS By Ramon on 10/15/2016Ramon would recommend this product to a friendThis is my 2nd DOS unit. I bought the combo deal so I could get a discount on the DDR. I haven't used the DDR yet, so all I can say is it looks well made and bigger than I anticipated. It's a tight fit in my RS Reefer 250.
The first one I bought is being used for auto water changes and has been working like a champ for 5 months. I use BRS dosers for my alk and cal. And I needed a doser for vinegar.
I could have bought another BRS doser but I don't have anymore outlets on my apex controller. Also, the DOS is so much easier to set up and calibrate.
In conclusion, although expensive, considering the features, it's really not much more than other quality dosers on the market.
Easy to Configure, Very Happy By Jason on 8/9/2016Jason wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI travel frequently, and I wanted to way to make sure my dosing didn't get off because of it. So I picked up this kit. I really enjoyed how easy it was to configure; however, putting the tubes in the top of the DDR was really hard for me to do. If you don't do it right you keep getting air bubbles in the line, which breaks the siphon and your corals will end up not getting what they need. Make sure to push those in really hard and watch them the first day or so.
Made my 2 part dosing very easy By JGRC on 7/28/2016JGRC would recommend this product to a friendI was manual dosing 2 part solutions and that got old quickly. I added the DOS and DDR since I had an APEX. The DOS and DDR were as simple as setting up amount I wanted dosed and what times. The set up wizard then breaks that down into smaller doses in those time frames for you.
My alkalinity and calcium are very steady now. I couldn't be happier with this set up. If you already own an APEX this set up is perfect IMO.
Is there a tubing limit on distance from the pump to the area of dosing?
Doesn't specify that I can see. Just trying to figure out placement.
The DOS has a maximum suction and lift rates of 24 feet for each. Have a great day!
It says in the details that it can do water changes what is needed to make this happen and can it be connect as 2 part dosing unit and a water change unit at the same time or do I need 2 DOS to do this?
To set up as an automatic constant water changer you can use one pump to pump water into the aquarium and one to pump it out and set them to around the same rate. You will of course need a separate DOS for 2 part and any other items you will want to dose.